PASSING the B1 CERTIFIED BUILDING INSPECTOR EXAM, NOW EASY AS
1-2-3. WITH OUR COMPREHENSIVE ICC INSPECTOR HOME STUDY COURSE.
WE KNOW YOU will PASS!
We offer you A FULL REFUND* if you don’t…
If you do not pass the ICC International Code Council B1 certification exam after two attempts, return our course materials for a full refund. All returns must be postmarked within 14 days of your last ICC test date to qualify.
*Shipping charges are not included.
Start a career as a Certified Building Inspector or supplement your income.
Attention, Tradesmen and Real Estate Professionals.
Open the door for a new career path by becoming an ICC B1 certified Building Inspector! B1 certification is the minimum required certification for employment by business or local building departments. Your ICC B1 certificate is recognized everywhere within the United States and its territories.
Becoming a certified building inspector or adding additional certification will help you qualify for building inspector jobs or extra income. Consequently, this makes obtaining your Residential B1 Residential building inspector certification a smart career move. ICC certified inspectors are in high demand by state and local government as well as architectural and home inspection firms.
Step-1) SELECT YOUR COURSE.
Enroll in the B1 Residential Building Inspector course to lay the foundation for your ICC Inspector certification portfolio.
Available Residential Building Inspector certifications
- B1 ICC Residential Building Inspector
- M1 ICC Residential Mechanical Inspector
- P1 ICC Residential Plumbing Inspector
- E1 ICC Residential Electrical Inspector
Available Commercial Building Inspector certifications
- B2 ICC Commercial Building Inspector
- M2 ICC Commercial Mechanical Inspector
- P2 ICC Commercial Plumbing Inspector
- E2 ICC Commercial Electrical Inspector
Step-2) STUDY AT HOME
Study at home with TLC’s, ICC certification exam preparation courses. Take virtual practice exams from any device with internet access. Review exam questions by chapter, by virtual flashcards, and take a simulated timed practice exam. Know precisely when you are ready to schedule your actual ICC exam via PRONTO.
Each TLC, ICC exam study program is a stand-alone course custom tailored to its specific ICC certification exam.
CHOOSE YOUR COURSE. With the help of our ICC B1 Residential Building Inspector study course, you will be thoroughly prepared to pass your ICC Certifications exam. So get ICC Certified today!
- Textbook: Navigating the ICC Building Code, A Code Primer. (For the 2015 IRC, Code-book.)
- Textbook: Building Inspector Study Guide. (For the ICC B1 exam.)
- Code Reference Quick-Cards: (Exam Specific.)
- Fast-Tabs: (for 2015 IRC.)
- Online Study Center: (One-year unlimited access.)
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2015 (IRC) INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODE. IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THE CODEBOOK, YOU SHOULD ACQUIRE ONE IMMEDIATELY.
Step-3) PASS YOUR EXAM.
Pass your ICC certification exams conveniently, and at home. When you use the (TLC) Thompson Learning Corp, ICC Certification training system, your success is guaranteed!
To summarize, with TLC and ICC PRONTO, you study for your ICC exam at home and then take your B1 residential building inspector certification exams online via ICC PRONTO. Passing your building inspector test is more efficient, comfortable and convenient, than ever before.
The Most Intelligent Way to Pass
ABOUT OUR ONLINE STUDY CENTER:
New Online Testing Environment! (1 Year Access) We proudly announce the release of our new ONLINE Study Center.
- Gain access to specific online content relating to the B1 exam. Choose between online chapter reviews, and ICC EXAM SAMPLE QUESTIONS, then test your knowledge with timed SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS.
FLASHCARD STUDY MODE: Quickly view practice questions, and keep track of your progress. Additionally, focus your study by toggling the answers you have mastered. Study only the questions requiring more review.
EXAM SIMULATION MODE: Enables you to take timed simulated exams formatted similarly to the actual ICC Inspector Exam. When you consistently pass our randomized ICC certification practice test, you are ready to schedule your real ICC exam.
5 REASONS TO GET YOUR ICC B1 RESIDENTIAL BUILDING INSPECTOR CERTIFICATION TODAY!
- If you are 18 or older, then you qualify to take the ICC B1 Residential Building Inspector Certification Exam. No work experience is required
- ICC Certification is recognized everywhere! Your ICC B1 Residential Building Inspector Certification is valid across America and its territories!
- Becoming a building inspector It a solid career choice with great pay and benefits. Contractors or Real Estate professionals can easily earn extra income by performing residential building inspections in any state across America.
- We make it simple and convenient to get certified. With our at-home online Residential Building Inspector preparation course, you can thoroughly prepare to pass your ICC exam and take your ICC Residential Building Inspector certification exam, without ever having to leave your home or office.
- Demand for inspectors keeps increasing. As little as ten years ago only approximately 35% of all home mortgage loans required some form of inspection. Now nearly 90% of all federally-insured lending institutions require a complete examination before granting any loans!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
QUESTION: Why should I take the ICC B1 Residential Building Inspector exam first.
ANSWER: Certification is valuable because it is typically the “door opener to employment” IE it is usually the starter exam required for employment by most building departments. Additional certifications typically lead to salary increases and increased employment opportunities.
QUESTION: Am I eligible to take the IRC “International Code Council” ICC B1 Residential Building Inspector Certification Exam?
ANSWER: Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to become a Certified Residential Building Inspector. Construction experience is not required, however many contractors & real estate agents have severely increased their earning potential by gaining their home inspectors certificate.
QUESTION: How is the exam structured?
ANSWER: The B1: Residential Building Inspector Certification Exam is an open-book exam consisting of 60 multiple-choice questions with a minimum passing score of 75%. You have approximately 2 hours to complete the exam & must have a copy of the 2015 IRC when you test.
QUESTION: Do you provide additional ICC exam study programs?
ANSWER: YES! We have courses for the residential M1 Mechanical, P1 Plumbing, and E1 Electrical exams as well as for the commercial B2 Building, M2 Mechanical, P2 Plumbing, and E2 Electrical exams.
QUESTION: What are the exam topics?
ANSWER: The exam topics include: Code Administration, Building Planning, Footings & Foundations, Floor Construction, Wall Construction & Coverings, Roof-Ceiling Construction and Penetrations, and Public Safety.
The 2015 IRC published by the ICC thoroughly covers these topics in the first eleven chapters of the code.
The B1 Exam Prep Manual is a comprehensive review of these chapters and is intended to be a companion manual to the IRC.