Pass the ICC 531 South Dakota Journeyman Electrician Exam
Learn how to become an ICC 531 South Dakota Journeyman Electrician (Online and self-paced)
If your state, county, or city licensing agency requires you to pass the ICC 531 South Dakota Journeyman Electrician exam, complete our online ICC exam preparation course, then schedule your exam with Pearson|VUE.
Your Blueprint for Success. Pass the ICC South Dakota Journeyman Electrician Exam, Guaranteed!
Refresh your 2020 NEC code knowledge. Successfully achieve ICC 531 certification status without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our ICC 531 South Dakota Journeyman Electrician exam preparation course is your best, most affordable path to success!
Pass your ICC 531 South Dakota Journeyman Electrician exam. Our money-back guarantee backs this course. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE ICC 531 EXAM.
How To Use Our Online Study Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2020 NEC: A Code Primer – This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the nine chapters of the 2020 NEC. National Electrical Code.
PRACTICE answering realistic exam questions using the methods explained in our “Navigating the 2020 NEC”. Over 1,300 code-specific practice questions and answers and unlimited full-length, timed final exams.
The course includes:
- eManual (Navigating the 2020 NEC. A Code Primer)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to 2020 NEC eManual)
- Online Practice Questions (Practice looking up answers in your codebook, take full-length simulated exams)
eManual – NAVIGATING THE 2020 NEC: A Code Primer
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2020 NEC” eManual helps students review the (NEC) National Electrical Code.
When you master the code, you master your Exam!
This eManual is the starting point for the TLC Certification Training Program. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1 through 9 of the 2020 NEC.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the NEC
- Codebook navigation exercises, speed drills
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject (Chapters 1-9)
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of a question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
You are allowed by ICC to use the 2020 NEC codebook when taking your ICC 531 Exam!
Online – STUDY QUESTIONS & PRACTICE EXAMS
Our online practice questions provide a framework to practice utilizing your 2020 NEC Codebook. Constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides the required skills to pass your ICC 531 South Dakota Journeyman Electrician exam.
Four modes of study!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 1,300 ICC 531 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provides real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC 531 South Dakota Journeyman Electrician exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on 531 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC 531 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic ICC 531 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC 531 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2020 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE. IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS A COPY OF THIS BOOK, PURCHASE IT BELOW.
80 QUESTIONS – 4 HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 70% + TO PASS
- General Knowledge: 6%
- Electrical Theory and General Electrical Load Calculations
- Code Definitions and Terms
- Plan Reading
- Services and Service Equipment: 11%
- Services and Fault Current
- Service Load Calculations
- Service Equipment & Service Conductors
- System Grounding and Bonding
- Temporary Wiring
- Feeders: 4%
- Load Calculations
- Equipment Grounding
- Branch Circuits and Conductors: 19%
- Branch Circuit Calculation
- Overcurrent Protection
- Required Outlets & GFCI / AFCI Protection
- Equipment Grounding
- Wiring Methods and Materials: 26%
- Raceway Installations
- Underground Wiring Methods
- Boxes and Enclosures
- Panel Boards
- Clearance and Guarding
- Flexible Cords and Cables
- Equipment and Devices: 13%
- Luminaires, Receptacles, Switches, and Other Devices
- Appliances and Other Equipment
- Other Utilization Equipment
- Heating and Cooling Equipment
- Control Devices: 4%
- Switches, Disconnects, and Controllers
- Motors and Generators: 6%
- Motors, Generators
- Special Occupancies, Equipment, and Conditions: 11%
- Special Occupancies, Swimming Pools, and Similar Installations
- Mobile Home and RV Parks
- Data Processing Equipment
- Miscellaneous Special Equipment
- Emergency Systems
- Signaling and Fire Alarm Systems
Please click the following links to read/download the
These bulletins answer most questions raised by examination candidates. Please read them carefully, as they are a useful reference throughout your registration and examination process.
Take your ICC 531 Exam at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|VUE.
Download the South Dakota Contractor/Trades Examination Bulletin from ICC.
About the ICC 531 South Dakota Journeyman Electrician exam.
This information regarding the ICC 531 exam is provided to you as a courtesy. Check with ICC at www.iccsafe.org and/or Pearson|VUE at www.pearsonvue.com/icc to verify this information’s accuracy.
- Contact the appropriate building department for specific licensing requirements.
- Passing an ICC national standard exam is NOT a license to practice and does not guarantee a license in any jurisdiction.
- To acquire a license to practice, you must apply to the specific state licensing agency or building department and meet all of their licensing requirements.
Pearson|VUE requirements/recommendations for scheduling the ICC 531 exam.
IMPORTANT: ICC has been split into different testing programs on their website. You will need to know the three-digit exam code before registering for your Contractor/Trades exam. Each testing program will require a unique username and password.
The Contractor/Trades program is also split into exams that require pre-authorization and exams that do not require pre-authorization. View the current exams that require pre-authorization OR do not require pre-authorization.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
The ICC 531 exam is a 80-question test randomly selected from a database of thousands of potential questions. Memorizing answers is not the path to passing your exam!
If you understand how to locate exam answers in your codebook, you should be able to answer 100% of these practice questions correctly.
We teach you how to quickly navigate your codebook & pass your exam. “Master The Code, Master The Exam!“
Use the 2020 (NEC) National Electrical Code to solve these ICC 531 certification exam practice questions.