ICC T17 – Journeyman Electrician Exam Study Course
Pass Your T17 – Journeyman Electrician Exam (Online and self-paced)
Complete our online ICC exam preparation course if your state, county, or city licensing agency requires you to pass the T17 Journeyman Electrician Exam. Enhance your career as a certified T17 Journeyman Electrician.
Because our courses work!
Our T17 Journeyman Electrician exam preparation course thoroughly prepares you to pass your ICC T17 exam the 1st time you test.
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, & affordable ICC exam preparation programs available anywhere.
While using our program, the key to your success is the five-lesson breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. When you follow our curriculum, YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass the ICC T17 Journeyman Electrician exam while teaching how to “navigate” the 2020 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding code answers to exam questions.
So why choose TLC to help pass the ICC T17 exam?
Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons TLC can help you Pass Your T17 Journeyman Electrician Exam.
- TLC has over fifteen years of experience educating electricians on navigating the code and passing ICC national inspector/contractor/trade exams. We are experts at helping you pass ICC Exams!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Programs Work, we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our online study center contains eCourses, eManual, over 1300 multiple-choice T17 study questions, and randomized, timed, full-length simulated final exams.
- We guarantee that you will pass your exam! If you don’t pass your T17 Journeyman Electrician exam after two attempts, we offer a full course refund.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Thousands of electricians have used our study courses. Our students pass the exam with a minimum of 50 hours of study time.
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri, 7 am to 10 pm pst, to answer any of your questions.
ONE-YEAR ONLINE ACCESS: Accessible from any device with internet access!
How To Use Our Online Study Center
Our guided self-study schedule contains the following:
- Basic Electrical Theory
- Basic DC Theory
- Basic AC Theory
- Ohms Law
- Test Equipment
- Electrical Theory Chapter Questions
- Label Systems & Schematic Reading
- Construction Drawing Tutorial
- Blueprint Reading Chapter Questions
Navigating the 2020 NEC – eManual
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2020 NEC” eManual helps students review the (NEC) National Electrical Code.
When you master the code, you master your Exam!
This eManual is the heart of the TLC T17 Training Program. It familiarizes you with the use, layout, and content of the 2020 NEC.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the NEC
- Codebook navigation exercises, speed drills
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject.
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of a question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX.
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
Study Questions and Simulated Final Exams
- GUIDED CHAPTER QUESTIONS This covers all T17 exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location.) These questions exist to provide a framework for you to practice locating the answers to questions through the use of your NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the code to answer practice questions will build up your speed and code knowledge to pass your electrical exam successfully.
Questions Include the following topic:
- General Trade Knowledge Questions
- 2020 NEC Code Questions
- Calculation Questions (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- ONLINE FLASHCARDS: Virtual Flashcards provide individual randomized questions. This provides access to our entire question set and is an ideal setting to practice answering randomized exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location).
- SIMULATED FINAL EXAM: Final exams simulate the experience of taking your actual T17 exam.
Simulated Finals Are:
- Full length (Same number of questions as the T17 Electrical exam)
- Timed (Same amount of time allowed as the T17 Electrical exam)
- Randomized (Questions are assigned randomly; all exams are unique.)
- Properly Balanced (All questions are balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin to guarantee a realistic exam simulation)
Take as Many Timed Final Exams as you Want! (Practice final exams help you rapidly gain confidence and knowledge to pass your T17 Exam effortlessly.)
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2020 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE. IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THE CODEBOOK, YOU MAY PURCHASE ONE BELOW.
80 QUESTIONS – 4-HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 70% + TO PASS
- General Knowledge – 6%
- Electrical Theory and General Load Calculations
- Code Definitions and Terms
- Plan Reading
- Services and Service Equipment – 11%
- Services and Fault Current
- Service Load Calculations
- Service Equipment & Service Conductors
- System Grounding and Bonding
- Temporary Service Wiring
- Feeders – 4%
- Load Calculations
- Equipment Grounding
- Branch Circuits and Conductors – 19%
- Branch Circuit Calculation
- Overcurrent Protection
- Required Outlet & GFCI / AFCI Protection
- Equipment Grounding
- Wiring Methods and Materials – 26%
- Raceway Installations
- Underground Wiring Methods
- Boxes and Enclosures
- Cabinets, Panel Boards, & Switchboards
- Clearance and Guarding
- Flexible Cords and Cables
- Equipment and Devices – 13%
- Luminaires, Receptacles, Switches, and Other Devices
- Appliances and Other Equipment
- Other Utilization Equipment
- Heating and Cooling Equipment
- Control Devices – 4%
- Switches, Disconnects, and Controllers
- Motor and Generators – 6%
- Special Occupancies, Equipment, and Conditions – 11%
- Special Occupancies
- Swimming Pools and Similar Installations
- Mobile Home and RV Parks
- Data Processing Equipment
- Miscellaneous Special Equipment
- Emergency Systems
- Signaling and Fire Alarm Systems
Please click the following link to read/download the ICC Candidate Information Bulletin.
This bulletin answers most questions raised by examination candidates. Please read it carefully; you will find it a helpful reference throughout your registration and examination process.
Take Your ICC T17 Exam With ICC PRONTO or Take Your Test at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home option for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
ICC Inspector exams can be taken in person at Pearson|Vue testing centers nationwide.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|Vue.
Pricing for each exam is the same regardless if you choose Pearson|Vue or ICC PRONTO to administer your final exam.
PRONTO requirements /recommendations for taking the T17 exam
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room; if someone else enters while you are testing, the Proctor will automatically eject you from the exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can remain shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to stay in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock continues to count down during any breaks. Additionally, a new desk scan is required before you are allowed to continue taking the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend wired high-speed internet access, as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
OR Take your ICC T17 Exam at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|VUE
IMPORTANT: ICC has been split into different testing programs on its website. You will need to know the three-digit exam code before registering for your Contractor/Trades exam. Each testing program will require a unique username and password.
The Contractor/Trades program is also split into exams that require pre-authorization and exams that do not require pre-authorization. View the current exams that require pre-authorization OR do not require pre-authorization.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
About the ICC T17 Journeyman Electrician exam
This information regarding the ICC T17 exam is provided to you as a courtesy. Check with ICC at www.iccsafe.org and/or Pearson|VUE at www.pearsonvue.com/icc to verify this information’s accuracy.
- Contact the appropriate building department for specific licensing requirements.
- Passing an ICC national standard exam is NOT a license to practice and does not guarantee a license in any jurisdiction.
- To acquire a license to practice, you must apply to the specific state licensing agency or building department and meet all of their licensing requirements.
The ICC T17 exam is an 80-question test randomly selected from a database of thousands of potential questions. Memorizing answers is not the path to passing your exam!
If you understand how to break down exam questions and locate exam answers in your codebook, you should be able to answer 100% of these practice questions correctly.
We teach you how to quickly navigate your codebook & pass your exam. “Master The Code, Master The Exam!“
Use the 2020 NEC Codebook to solve ICC T17 practice exam questions.