Pass the 2021 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam!
Learn how to become an ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector. (Online and self-paced)
Complete our 2021 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam preparation course. Enhance your career as a certified B2 Building Inspector.
YOUR BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESS. PASS THE ICC B2 EXAM, GUARANTEED!
Refresh your 2021 IBC code knowledge and familiarize yourself with the Concrete Manual. Successfully pass your 2021 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC B2 certification!
Get your 2021 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Certification. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE B2 EXAM. Our money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Study Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2021 IBC: A Code Primer – For ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspectors“. This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the 35 chapters of the 2021 IBC “International Building Code.”
STUDY our “Navigating the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2021 IBC and the ACI 318-19″. This eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual.
PRACTICE utilizing our “Question Database,” providing over 1100 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The Online Study Center includes
- eManual (Navigating the 2021 IBC. A Code Primer – For ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam)
- eGuide (Navigating the Concrete Manual)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to eManual & eGuide)
- Practice Questions and Mock Final Exams (Practice looking up answers in your codebook. Take full-length simulated exams).
eMANUAL – NAVIGATING THE 2021 IBC: A Code Primer – For the ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam.
Our “NAVIGATING THE IBC” eManual helps students review the (IBC) International Building Code. The eManual focuses specifically on the relationship between the 2021 IBC and the 2021 ICC B2 Certification Exam.
When you master the code, you master your Exam!
This eManual is the starting point for the TLC Certification Training Program. Designed specifically for the ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of the 2021 IBC. The eManual also provides a comprehensive review of study questions similar to those found on the ICC B2 Exam.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the IBC
- Codebook navigation exercises, speed drills
- Exam breakdown
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject (Chapters 1-35)
- Keyword Identification is how to identify a question’s subject for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
ICC allows using your 2021 IBC codebook when taking the B2 Exam!
Our “NAVIGATING THE ICC CONCRETE MANUAL: Based on the 2021 IBC and the ACI 318-19” eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual. This eGuide reviews the use, layout, chapters, and index of the Concrete Manual.
STUDY QUESTIONS & PRACTICE EXAMS
Our online practice questions provide a framework to practice utilizing your 2021 IBC Codebook and the Concrete Manual. Constantly utilizing your codebooks to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides the required skills to easily pass your ICC B2 Commercial Building inspector exam.
Three modes of practice!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 1100 ICC B2 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC B2 Commercial Building inspector exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on B2 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC B2 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic B2 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC B2 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online exam center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2021 IBC AS WELL AS THE CONCRETE MANUAL. IF YOU DO NOT OWN COPIES OF THESE BOOKS, YOU CAN PURCHASE THEM BELOW.
How many questions are there in the actual 2021 ICC B2 Exam?
Answer: There are 80 code questions sourced from the 2021 IBC and the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2021 IBC and ACI 318-19
How much time are you allowed to complete the B2 Exam?
Answer: You have no more than three hours and thirty minutes (Average, less than two minutes per question) to complete the B2 Exam.
What am I allowed as reference materials when taking my B2 Exam?
Answer: You are allowed the 2021 IBC and the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2021 IBC and ACI 318-19. Exam questions come from these codebooks.
What percentage of questions do I need to get right to pass the B2 Exam?
Answer: You must get 60 or more questions correct (75%) to pass the B2 Exam.
What type of questions will I be asked on my 2021 B2 exam?
Answer: The ICC B2 exam is a multiple-choice exam. Each question has four potential answers, with one answer being the most accurate or correct solution to the question. Specific question makeup is as follows:
- General Administration (6%)
- Project Administration – 1%
- Public Information and Legal – 1%
- Plan Reading – 4%
- Building Planning (20%)
- Fire-Resistance-Rated Construction – 5%
- Building Location – 2%
- Interior-Environment – 1%
- Occupancy Classification and Type of Construction – 5%
- Safeguards During Construction – 1%
- Accessibility – 2%
- Material Quality – 2%
- Interior Coverings – 2%
- Footings and Foundations (8%)
- Footings – 3%
- Stepped Footings and Special Foundations – 1%
- Piles and Piers – 1%
- Foundation Walls – 3%
- Floor Construction (8%)
- Floor Systems – 5%
- Concrete Slabs – 3%
- Wall Construction and Coverings (21%)
- Wood Wall Systems – 5%
- Steel Framing Systems – 3%
- Masonry Wall Systems – 5%
- Concrete Wall Systems – 3%
- Wall Reinforcement – 2%
- Exterior Sheathing and Weather-Resistant Coverings – 3%
- Roof/Ceiling Construction (6%)
- Roof/Ceiling Assemblies – 5%
- Roof Sheathing and Coverings – 1%
- Public Safety and Special Construction (31%)
- Means of Egress – 10%
- Fire Protection Systems – 4%
- Smoke and Fire Venting Control – 4%
- Interior Finishes and Insulation – 4%
- Safety Glazing and Glass – 4%
- Opening Protectives, Penetrations, and Joint Systems – 2%
- Miscellaneous Construction – 1%
- Building Services and Special Construction – 1%
- Fireplaces and Chimneys – 1%
PRONTO requirements/recommendations for scheduling the B2 exam.
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home method for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
- CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
- CLICK HERE – To watch a video about what to expect when taking the proctored exam.
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room; if someone else enters while you are testing, the Proctor will automatically eject you from the exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can remain shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to stay in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock continues to count down during any breaks. Additionally, a new desk scan is required before you are allowed to continue taking the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend wired high-speed internet access, as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
The scope of the International Building Code® (IBC®) includes all buildings except detached one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
The 2021 IBC® contains many important changes:
- Puzzle rooms (escape rooms) are now defined and regulated as special amusement areas, requiring compliance with Section 411 and special means of egress requirements.
- To determine the allowable number of control areas in a building, each portion separated by one or more fire walls is now considered a separate building.
- In Group E occupancies, enhanced classroom acoustics in compliance with ICC A117.1 are to be provided in all classrooms having of volume of 20,000 cubic feet or less.
- The requirements for metal composite materials and systems (MCM) installed on the exterior walls of Types I, II, III and IV construction were simplified and sprinkler allowances were deleted
- The use of intermodal shipping containers as buildings is now specifically addressed through provisions intended to supplement existing applicable IBC requirements.
- Automatic sprinkler protection is now required in Group S-2 open parking garages where any fire area exceeds 48,000 square feet.
- The 2017 edition of ICC A117.1 was adopted.
- Parapets of a minimum height are now required for aggregate-surfaced roofs to prevent blow-off.
- Mixed occupancy buildings with assembly spaces are placed in Risk Category III when the total public assembly occupant load is greater than 2500 people.
- The 2021 IBC snow map is updated to match ASCE 7-16 snow maps by adding a reference to ASCE 7 snow tables in states with large case study areas.
- Secondary rain loads are updated to be consistent with ASCE 7.
- Special inspection requirements were added to address the anchorage and connection of mass timber structural elements.
- Installation of firestop, fire-resistant joint systems, and perimeter fire barrier systems in residential-use buildings now requires special inspection in Group R fire areas having an occupant load exceeding 250 people.
- Frost protection for egress doors was added to the foundation requirements.
- ACI standards ACI 117 and ITG 7 were added by reference to provide acceptable tolerances for concrete construction.
The Concrete Manual:
- Introduces concrete and explains what it is and why it behaves as it does
- Explains conventional concrete construction procedures
- Covers special concrete technologies such as Autoclaved, self-consolidating, and pervious
- Discusses control and inspection procedures
- Explores statistical quality control methods and their application to concrete construction
- Details proper field testing procedures
- Details proper placement of reinforcement
- A Resource Reference section includes a list of the concrete industry and technical organizations to contact for additional information.
BONUS! Your purchase of the Concrete Manual includes exclusive online access to the Concrete Manual Workbook to help you master concrete inspection and field practices. The workbook contains learning objectives, lesson notes, key points for studying, and quizzes for each chapter.
The answer key includes references to the applicable sections in the Concrete Manual.
The ICC B2 exam is an 80-question test randomly selected from a database of thousands of potential questions. Memorizing answers is not the path to passing your exam!
If you understand how to break down exam questions and locate exam answers in your codebook, you should be able to answer 100% of these practice questions correctly.
We teach you how to quickly navigate your codebook & pass your exam. “Master The Code, Master The Exam!”
Use the 2021 IBC Codebook & Concrete Manual to solve 2021 ICC B2 practice exam questions.