Pass the 2021 ICC E1 Residential Electrical Inspector Exam!
Learn how to become an ICC E1 Residential Electrical Inspector. (Online and self-paced)
Complete our 2021 ICC E1 Residential Electrical Inspector exam preparation course. Enhance your career as a certified E1 Electrical Inspector.
YOUR BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESS. PASS THE ICC E1 EXAM, GUARANTEED!
Refresh your 2021 IRC (Ch 1-2, 11, & 34-43) code knowledge, and successfully pass your 2021 E1 Residential Electrical Inspector Exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive Residential Electrical Inspector exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC E1 certification!
Get your ICC E1 Residential Electrical Inspector Certification. We provide you with the study materials required to PASS THE ICC E1 EXAM. Our money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Study Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2021 IRC: A Code Primer – For ICC E1 Residential Electrical Inspectors.” This eManual familiarizes you with the code’s structure and function within chapters 1-2, 11, and 34-43 of the 2021 IRC. ICC International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings.
PRACTICE utilizing our “Question Database,” providing over 1000 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The Online Study Center includes
- eManual (Navigating the 2021 IRC. A Code Primer – For the ICC E1 Residential Electrical Inspector exam)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to eManuals)
- Practice Questions and Mock Final Exams (Practice looking up answers in your codebook, Take full-length simulated exams).
eMANUAL – NAVIGATING THE 2021 IRC: A Code Primer – For the ICC E1 Residential Electrical Inspector Exam:
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2021 IRC” eManual helps students review the (IRC) International Residential Code. The eManual focuses specifically on the relationship of the IRC to the E1 Certification Exam. When you master the code, you master the Exam!
This eManual is the starting point for the TLC Certification Training Program. Designed specifically for the ICC E1 Residential Electrical Inspector exam. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1-2, 11, and 34-43 of the 2021 IRC. The eManual also provides a comprehensive review of study questions similar to those found on the ICC E1 Exam.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the IRC
- Code reference exercises, speed drills
- Exam Breakdown
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject (chapters 1-2, 11, and 34-43)
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of a question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
You are allowed by ICC to use the 2021 IRC codebook when taking your E1 Exam!
STUDY QUESTIONS & PRACTICE EXAMS
Access eManuals, Study Questions, and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access!
Our online practice questions provide a framework to practice utilizing chapters 1-2, 11, and 34-43 of your 2021 IRC Codebook. Constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides you with the skill set to easily pass your E1 Electrical inspector exam.
Three modes of Practice!
- Chapter Study: Covers over 800 ICC E1 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC E1 Electrical inspector exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on the E1 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as the actual ICC E1 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic E1 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC E1 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2021 (IRC). IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THiS CODEBOOK, PURCHASE ONE IMMEDIATELY.
How many questions are there in the actual 2021 ICC E1 Exam?
Answer: There are 60 code questions sourced from Chapters 1-2, 11 & 34-43 of the 2021 IRC.
How much time are you allowed to complete the E1 exam?
Answer: You have no more than two hours (Average two minutes per question) to complete the E1 exam.
What am I allowed as reference materials when taking my E1 exam?
Answer: You are allowed the 2021 IRC & 2020 NEC. Exam questions will only come from these codebooks.
What percentage of questions do I need to get right to pass the E1 exam?
Answer: You must get 45 or more questions correct (75%) to pass the E1 exam.
What type of questions will I be asked on my 2021 E1 exam?
Answer: The ICC E1 exam is a multiple-choice exam. Each question has four potential answers, with one answer being the most accurate or correct solution to the question. Specific question makeup is as follows.
- General Requirements (10%)
- Project Administration 1%
- Public Information and Legal 1%
- Electrical Theory 2%
- Clearances and Guarding 2%
- Connections and Splices 2%
- Conductors 2%
- Services (17%)
- Service Size and Rating 8%
- Service Grounding and Bonding 9%
- Branch Circuit and Feeder Requirements (28%)
- Feeders 5%
- Branch Circuit and Feeder Calculations 6%
- Branch Circuit Ratings and Overcurrent Protection 7%
- Required Branch Circuits 5%
- Panelboards 5%
- Wiring Methods And Power and Lighting Distribution (21%)
- Installation Methods 4%
- Branch Circuit Required Outlets 4%
- Branch Circuits – GFCI 4%
- Boxes and Enclosures 3%
- Equipment Grounding 3%
- Flexible Cords 2%
- Class 2 Circuits 1%
- Devices, Lighting Fixtures, and Appliances (19%)
- Switches and Receptacles 6%
- Light Fixtures 4%
- Appliances 5%
- Heating and Cooling Equipment 4%
- Swimming Pools and Similar Installations (5%)
- Swimming Pool Wiring 5%
PRONTO requirements/recommendations for scheduling the E1 exam.
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home method for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
- CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
- CLICK HERE – To watch a video about what to expect when you take the proctored exam.
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room. If someone else enters while you are testing, you are automatically ejected from your exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can be shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to remain in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock will continue to run during the break, and an additional desk scan will be required before continuing the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
The 2021 IRC is a REQUIRED CODEBOOK for 2021, B1, M1, P1, and E1 Residential Building Inspector Exams.
This comprehensive code compiles all building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, and electrical requirements for non-commercial one- and two-family dwellings in one convenient code. The regulations cover dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
The IRC contains many important changes such as:
- Braced wall lines must be placed on a physical wall or placed between multiple walls.
- The rated separation for two-family dwellings is 1 hour whether or not a lot line exists between units.
- Emergency escape and rescue openings require a clear 36-inch-wide path to a public way.
- An engineered design is required for storm shelters.
- A habitable attic is limited to one-half the area of the story below and the dwelling requires sprinklers.
- Updated Wind Speed maps match IBC and ASCE 7 maps.
- Deck design now considers snow load, tributary area for footing and post height, and guard details.
- Specific requirements for deck guardrails were added.
- Component and cladding wind pressures in Table R301.2(2) are updated for new design wind speeds and hip or gable roof profiles.
- Minimum footing size tables are revised to more accurately reflect current practice.
- Cripple wall requirements apply only to exterior cripple walls.
- New appendices for cob construction and 3D printed construction are added.
- A 30 percent reduction of airflow is permitted for balanced ventilation systems.
- Commercial gas cooking appliances are prohibited.
- The head pressure for a water test of DWV systems increased to 10 feet.
- Air vacuum testing is now permitted for plastic piping DWV systems.
- Section P2904 for dwelling sprinklers is expanded to more closely align with NFPA 13D.
- An emergency service disconnect is required in a readily accessible outdoor location.
- A surge-protective device (SPD) is now required at the service panel.
- The number of receptacle outlets required for peninsular and island countertops in kitchens is determined by the area of the countertop surface.
- GFCI protection is now required for damp and wet locations not included in the other 10 areas requiring GFCI protection.
The ICC E1 exam is a 60-question test randomly selected from a database of thousands of potential questions. Memorizing answers is not the path to passing your exam!
If you understand how to break down exam questions and locate exam answers in your codebook, you should be able to answer 100% of these practice questions correctly.
We teach you how to quickly navigate your codebook & pass your exam. “Master The Code, Master The Exam!“
Use the 2021 (IRC) International Residential Code to solve these ICC E1 certification exam practice questions.