Pass the 2021 ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector Exam!
Learn how to become an ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector. (Online and self-paced)
Complete our online 2021 P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector exam preparation course. Pass the ICC P1 exam online via ICC PRONTO.
Your Blueprint For Success. You Can Pass the ICC P1 Exam. We Guarantee it!
Refresh your IRC code knowledge and successfully pass your 2021 ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector Exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive Plumbing Inspector exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC P1 certification!
Get your ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector Certification. We provide you with the study materials required to PASS THE ICC P1 EXAM. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Study Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2021 IRC: A Code Primer – For ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspectors”. This eManual familiarizes you with the code’s structure and function within chapters 1-2 and 24-33 of the 2021 IRC “ICC International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings.”
PRACTICE utilizing our “Online Exam Center,” providing over 900 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The course includes
- eManual(Navigating the 2021 IRC. A Code Primer – For the ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector exam)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to eManual)
- Practice Questions and Mock Final Exams (Practice looking up answers in your codebook, Take full-length simulated exams).
eMANUAL – NAVIGATING THE 2021 IRC: A Code Primer – For ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspectors:
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2021 IRC” eManual helps students review the (IRC) International Residential Code. The eManual focuses specifically on the relationship of the IRC to the P1 Certification Exam. When you master the code, you master the Exam!
This eManual is the starting point for the TLC Certification Training Program. Designed specifically for the ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector exam. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1-2 and 24-33 of the 2021 IRC. The eManual also provides a comprehensive review of study questions similar to those found on the ICC P1 Exam.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the IRC
- Code reference exercises, speed drills
- Exam Breakdown
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject (Chapters 1-2 and 24-33)
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of a question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
You are allowed by ICC to use the 2021 IRC codebook when taking your P1 Exam!
STUDY QUESTIONS & PRACTICE EXAMS
Access eManuals, Study Questions, and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access!
Our online practice questions provide you with a framework to practice utilizing chapters 1-2 and 24-33 of your 2021 IRC Codebook. This process of constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides you with the required skill set to easily pass your P1 Plumbing inspector exam.
Three modes of Practice!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 800 ICC P1 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC P1 Plumbing inspector exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on P1 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC P1 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic P1 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC P1 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2021 (IRC). IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THIS CODEBOOK, PURCHASE ONE IMMEDIATELY.
How many questions are there in the actual 2021 ICC P1 Exam?
Answer: There are 60 code questions sourced from Chapters 1-2 & 24-33 of the 2021 IRC.
How much time are you allowed to complete the P1 exam?
Answer: You have no more than two hours (Average two minutes per question) to complete the P1 exam.
What am I allowed as reference materials when taking my P1 Exam?
Answer: You are allowed the 2021 IRC. Exam questions will only come from this codebook.
What percentage of questions do I need to get right to pass the P1 exam?
Answer: You must get 45 or more questions correct (75%) to pass the P1 exam.
What type of questions will I be asked on my 2021 P1 exam?
Answer: The ICC P1 exam is a multiple-choice exam. Each question has four potential answers, with one answer being the most accurate or correct solution to the question. Specific question makeup is as follows.
- General Requirements (13%)
- Permits 1%
- Piping System Protection 3%
- Piping System Installation 3%
- Building Component Damage 3%
- Testing 3%
- Fixtures (8%)
- Locations and Required Fixtures 2%
- Materials and Fixture Approvals 1%
- Installation of Fixtures, including clearances, access, and sealing. 2%
- Inspect for maximum and minimum flow rates and temperature control valves. 2%
- Inspect for proper installation of faucets, fixture fittings, and accessories. 1%
- Water Heaters (12%)
- Use and Installation of Materials and Appliances 2%
- Service and Distribution and Piping 3%
- Valving, Discharge Piping, and Thermal Expansion 4%
- Fuel Gas Piping, Combustion Air, and Venting 3%
- Water Supply and Distribution (22%)
- Materials Joints and Connections 3%
- Service and Distribution Piping 5%
- Potable Water Supply and Protection contamination. 7%
- Nonpotable Water Supply and Protection 2%
- Pressure and Volume 3%
- Potable Water and Water Treatment 2%
- Sanitary Drainage (23%)
- Materials, Fittings, Joints, and Connections 4%
- Building Drains, Sewers, Branches, and Stacks 8%
- Backwater Valves, Sumps, Ejectors, and Cleanouts 3%
- Traps 5%
- Indirect Waste Systems 3%
- Vents (22%)
- Materials, Joints, Connections, and Grades 5%
- Sizing 6%
- Requirements, Methods, and Installation 11%
PRONTO requirements/recommendations for scheduling the P1 exam.
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home method for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room. If someone else enters while you are testing, you are automatically ejected from your exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can be shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to remain in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break at any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock will continue to run during the break, and an additional desk scan will be required before continuing the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend using wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available.
The 2021 IRC is a REQUIRED CODEBOOK for 2021, B1, M1, P1, and E1 Residential Building Inspector Exams.
This comprehensive code compiles all building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, and electrical requirements for non-commercial one- and two-family dwellings in one convenient code. The regulations cover dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
The IRC contains many important changes such as:
- Braced wall lines must be placed on a physical wall or placed between multiple walls.
- The rated separation for two-family dwellings is 1 hour whether or not a lot line exists between units.
- Emergency escape and rescue openings require a clear 36-inch-wide path to a public way.
- An engineered design is required for storm shelters.
- A habitable attic is limited to one-half the area of the story below and the dwelling requires sprinklers.
- Updated Wind Speed maps match IBC and ASCE 7 maps.
- Deck design now considers snow load, tributary area for footing and post height, and guard details.
- Specific requirements for deck guardrails were added.
- Component and cladding wind pressures in Table R301.2(2) are updated for new design wind speeds and hip or gable roof profiles.
- Minimum footing size tables are revised to more accurately reflect current practice.
- Cripple wall requirements apply only to exterior cripple walls.
- New appendices for cob construction and 3D printed construction are added.
- A 30 percent reduction of airflow is permitted for balanced ventilation systems.
- Commercial gas cooking appliances are prohibited.
- The head pressure for a water test of DWV systems increased to 10 feet.
- Air vacuum testing is now permitted for plastic piping DWV systems.
- Section P2904 for dwelling sprinklers is expanded to more closely align with NFPA 13D.
- An emergency service disconnect is required in a readily accessible outdoor location.
- A surge-protective device (SPD) is now required at the service panel.
- The number of receptacle outlets required for peninsular and island countertops in kitchens is determined by the area of the countertop surface.
- GFCI protection is now required for damp and wet locations not included in the other 10 areas requiring GFCI protection.
- If you answer sixteen or more of these practice questions correctly, congratulations, you are in pretty good shape.
- However, if you miss five or more questions, get this course, you are in danger of failing your ICC Exam.