Pass the ICC G16 Master Electrician Exam
Learn how to become an ICC G16 Master Electrician (Online and self-paced)
Complete our online ICC exam preparation course if your state, county, or city licensing agency requires you to pass the ICC G16 Master Electrician Exam.
Your Blueprint for Success. Pass the ICC G16 Exam, Guaranteed!
Refresh your 2017 NEC code knowledge. Successfully achieve ICC G16 certification status without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our ICC G16 Master Electrician exam preparation course is your best, most affordable path to success!
Pass your ICC G16 ICC Master Electrician exam. Our money-back guarantee backs this course. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE ICC G16 EXAM.
How To Use Our Online Study Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2017 NEC: A Code Primer – This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the nine chapters of the 2017 NEC. National Electrical Code.
PRACTICE answering realistic exam questions using the methods explained in our “Navigating the 2017 NEC”. Over 1,200 code-specific practice questions and answers and unlimited full-length, timed final exams.
The course includes:
- eManual (Navigating the 2017 NEC. A Code Primer)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to 2017 NEC eManual)
- Online Practice Questions (Practice looking up answers in your codebook, take full-length simulated exams)
eManual – NAVIGATING THE 2017 NEC: A Code Primer
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2017 NEC” eManual helps students review the (NEC) National Electrical Code.
When you master the code, you master your Exam!
This eManual is the starting point for the TLC Certification Training Program. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1 through 9 of the 2017 NEC.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the NEC
- Codebook navigation exercises, speed drills
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject (Chapters 1-9)
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of a question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
You are allowed by ICC to use the 2017 NEC codebook when taking your ICC G16 Exam!
Online – STUDY QUESTIONS & PRACTICE EXAMS
Our online practice questions provide a framework to practice utilizing your 2017 NEC Codebook. Constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides the required skills to pass your ICC G16 Master Electrician exam.
Four modes of study!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 1,300 ICC G16 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provides real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC G16 Master Electrician exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on G16 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC G16 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic ICC G16 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC G16 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2017 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE. IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS A COPY OF THIS BOOK, PURCHASE IT BELOW.
100 QUESTIONS – 5 HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 75% + TO PASS
- General Knowledge (12%)
- Electrical Theory and General Electrical Load Calculations
- Code Definitions and Terms
- Plan Reading
- Services and Service Equipment (16%)
- Services and Fault Current, Service Load Calculations
- Service Equipment & Service Conductors
- System Grounding and Bonding
- Temporary Service Wiring
- Feeders (4%)
- Load Calculations
- Equipment Grounding
- Branch Circuits and Conductors (16%)
- Branch Circuit Calculation
- Overcurrent Protection
- Required Outlets & GFCI / AFCI Protection
- Equipment Grounding
- Wiring Methods and Materials (19%)
- Raceway Installations
- Underground Wiring Methods
- Boxes and Enclosures
- Panel Boards & Switchboards
- Clearance and Guarding
- Flexible Cords and Cables
- Equipment and Devices (10%)
- Luminaires, Receptacles, Switches and Other Devices
- Appliances and Other Equipment
- Other Utilization Equipment
- Heating and Cooling Equipment
- Control Devices (3%)
- Switches, Disconnects and Controllers
- Motors and Generators (8%)
- Special Occupancies, Equipment, and Conditions (12%)
- Special Occupancies, Swimming Pools and Similar Installations
- Mobile Home and RV Parks
- Data Processing Equipment
- Miscellaneous Special Equipment
- Emergency Systems
- Signaling and Fire Alarm Systems
Please click the following link to read/download the ICC Candidate Information Bulletin.
This bulletin answers most questions raised by examination candidates. Please read it carefully. You will find it a useful reference throughout your registration and examination process.
Take your ICC G16 exam online with ICC PRONTO or take your test at the closest Pearson|VUE test center
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home option for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
ICC Inspector exams are available at Pearson | Vue testing centers nationwide.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|VUE.
Pricing for each exam is the same regardless if you choose Pearson|Vue or ICC PRONTO to administer your final exam.
PRONTO requirements /recommendations for taking the G16 exam
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room; if someone else enters while you are testing, the Proctor will automatically eject you from the exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can remain shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to stay in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock continues to count down during any breaks. Additionally, a new desk scan is required before you are allowed to continue taking the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend using wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
OR Take your ICC G16 Exam at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|VUE.
IMPORTANT: ICC has been split into different testing programs on its website. You will need to know the three-digit exam code before registering for your Contractor/Trades exam, and each testing program will require a unique username and password.
The Contractor/Trades program is also split into exams that require pre-authorization and exams that do not require pre-authorization. View the current exams that require pre-authorization OR do not require pre-authorization.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
About the ICC G16 Master Electrician exam.
This information regarding the ICC G16 exam is provided to you as a courtesy. Check with ICC at www.iccsafe.org and/or Pearson|VUE at www.pearsonvue.com/icc to verify this information’s accuracy.
- Contact the appropriate building department for specific licensing requirements.
- Passing an ICC national standard exam is NOT a license to practice and does not guarantee a license in any jurisdiction.
- To acquire a license to practice, you must apply to the specific state licensing agency or building department and meet all of their licensing requirements.
- PASS – If you correctly answer seventeen + of these free ICC G16 practice questions, you have code skills.
- FAIL – If you miss four or more questions, order this course. We teach you how to pass your ICC G16 Exam.
- Use the 2017 NEC Codebook to solve ICC G16 practice exam questions.