Pass the 2017 ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector Exam!
Learn how to become an ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector. (Online and self-paced)
Complete our 2017 ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector exam preparation course, Enhance your career as a certified E2 Electrical Inspector.
Your Blueprint For Success. You Can Pass the ICC E2 Exam. We Guarantee it!
Refresh your NEC code knowledge and successfully pass your 2017 ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector Exam in the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive Electrical Inspector exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC certification!
Get your ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector Certification. We provide you with the study materials required to PASS THE ICC E2 EXAM. Our money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Exam Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2017 NEC: A Code Primer – For the ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector Exam“. This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the ten chapters of the NEC. National Electrical Code Code.
PRACTICE utilizing our “Online Study Center,” providing over 1300 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The course includes
Our online practice questions provide a framework to practice utilizing chapters 1-9 of your 2017 NEC codebook. Constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides you with the skill set to easily pass your E2 Electrical inspector exam.
Four modes of study!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 1300 ICC E2 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provide real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC E2 Electrical inspector exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on E2 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC E2 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic E2 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC E2 exam effortlessly)
How many questions are there in the actual 2017 ICC E2 Exam?
Answer: There are 80 code questions sourced from the 2017 NEC.
How much time are you allowed to complete the E2 exam?
Answer: You have no more than three and a half hours (Average, less than three minutes per question) to complete the E2 exam.
What am I allowed as reference materials when taking my E2 Exam?
Answer: You are allowed the 2017 NEC. Exam questions come from this codebook.
What percentage of questions do I need to get right to pass the E2 exam?
Answer: You must get 60 or more questions correct (75%) to pass the E2 exam.
What type of questions will I be asked on my 2017 E2 exam?
Answer: The ICC E2 exam is a multiple-choice exam. Each question has four potential answers, with one answer being the most accurate or correct solution to the question. Specific question makeup is as follows:
- General Requirements – (10%)
- Project Administration and Legal 3%
- Public Information 2%
- Conductors 5%
- Services – (17%)
- Service Size, Rating, and Installations 8%
- Service and Feeder Grounding and Bonding 9%
- Branch Circuit and Feeder Requirements – (19%)
- Branch Circuit and Feeder Installation 5%
- Branch Circuit and Feeder Calculations 4%
- Branch Circuit Ratings and Overcurrent Protection 5%
- Equipment Grounding and Bonding 5%
- Wiring Methods and Distribution Systems – (19%)
- Branch Circuit Required Outlets 3%
- Boxes, Enclosures, and Conduit Bodies 5%
- Panelboards and Switchboards 6%
- Raceways, Cables, and Bus Ducts 3%
- Flexible Cords and Fixture Wires 2%
- General Use Equipment – (12%)
- Switches, Receptacles, and Light Fixtures 3%
- General Use Equipment and Other Appliances 3%
- Motors and Controllers 3%
- Transformers, Generators, and Miscellaneous Equipment 3%
- Special Occupancies – (9%)
- Hazardous Locations 3%
- Health Care Facilities 2%
- Miscellaneous Other Special Occupancies 1%
- Commercial Garages, Gas Stations, and Bulk Stations 3%
- Special Equipment – (7%)
- Swimming Pools, Fountains, and Similar Installations 4%
- Miscellaneous Special Equipment 3%)
- Smoke and Fire Venting Control 4%)
- Special Systems – (7%)
- Emergency Systems 2%
- Signaling Systems 2%
- Fire Alarm Systems 2%
- Communications Systems 1%
PRONTO requirements/recommendations for scheduling the E2 exam.
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home method for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room; if someone else enters while you are testing, the Proctor will automatically eject you from the exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can remain shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to stay in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break at any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock continues to count down during any breaks. Additionally, a new desk scan is required before you are allowed to continue taking the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend using wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available.
2017 NEC SOFTCOVER
The 2017 edition of this trusted Code presents the latest comprehensive regulations for electrical wiring, overcurrent protection, grounding, and equipment installation. Major additions reflect the continuing growth in renewable power technology. Other NEC revisions protect the public and workers from deadly hazards.
Work with the latest requirements governing public and private buildings, homes, structures, outdoor yards, and lots; utility equipment; installations connecting to the power grid; and consumer-owned power generation systems and equipment.
The 2017 NEC is better aligned with the safe work practices in NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace. (Softbound, 888 pp., 2017)
The ICC E2 exam is an 80-question test randomly selected from a database of thousands of potential questions. Memorizing answers is not the path to passing your exam!
If you understand how to break down exam questions and locate exam answers in your codebook, you should be able to answer 100% of these practice questions correctly.
We teach you how to quickly navigate your codebook & pass your exam. “Master The Code, Master The Exam!“
Use the 2017 (NEC) National Electrical Code to solve these ICC E2 certification exam practice questions.