2015 ICC B5 Building Inspector Exam Course! (B1 & B2 Exam)
Become a Certified ICC B5 Building Inspector!
Pass the B1 & B2 Exams. (Online and self-paced)
Complete our ONLINE 2015 B1 Residential Building Inspector training course, then take the actual ICC B1 exam online via ICC PRONTO.
Next, complete our SELF PACED 2015 B2 Commercial Building Inspector training course and schedule an additional test date.
Once you have passes both the B1 and B2 exams, ICC automatically awards you with ICC B5 Commercial Building Inspector status.
The B5 Building Inspector Combination Package Includes our complete stand-alone 2015 B1 and 2015 B2 ICC Examination Preparation courses.
This designation is typically the Gateway certification required for employment with most city or county building departments. If you are unsure of which ICC designations to peruse, we recommend that you start here.
The ICC grants you Automatic Combination Designations once you pass all exams and prerequisites on your myICC account.
The ICC will track your progress as you test and detect your exam and prerequisite achievements and automatically grant you the combination you qualify for.
ICC B5 Combination Building Inspectors can inspect the Structure of both Residential and Commercial Building Projects.
Take Your ICC B1 & B2 Exam With ICC PRONTO or Take Your Test at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home option for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
ICC Inspector exams are also available in person at Pearson|Vue testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|Vue.
Pricing for each exam is the same regardless if you choose Pearson|Vue or ICC PRONTO to administer your final exam.
PRONTO Requirements/Recommendations for Taking the B1 & B2 Exam.
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room; if someone else enters while you are testing, the Proctor will automatically eject you from the exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can remain shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to stay in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break at any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock continues to count down during any breaks. Additionally, a new desk scan is required before you are allowed to continue taking the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend using wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
OR, Take your ICC 2015 B1 & B2 Exam at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
YOUR ROADMAP TO SUCCESS. PASS THE ICC B1 EXAM, GUARANTEED!
Refresh your 2015 IRC (Ch 1-11) code knowledge, successfully pass your 2015 B1 Residential Building Inspector Exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive Residential Building Inspector exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC certification!
Get your ICC B1 Residential Building Inspector Certification. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE ICC B1 EXAM. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Exam Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2015 IRC: A Code Primer – For ICC B1 Residential Building Inspectors”. This eManual familiarizes you with the code’s structure and function within the first 11 chapters of the 2015 IRC “ICC International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings.”
PRACTICE utilizing our “Online Exam Center,” providing over 600 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The course includes:
eMANUAL – NAVIGATING THE 2015 IRC – A Code Primer – For the ICC B1 Residential Building Inspector Exam
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2015 IRC” eManual helps students review the (IRC) International Residential Code. This eManual focuses specifically on the relationship of the IRC to the B1 Certification Exam. When you master the code, you master the Exam!
This eManual is designed specifically for the B1 Residential Building Inspector Exam. The eManual familiarizes you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1-11 of the 2015 IRC. The eManual also provides a comprehensive review of study questions similar to those found on the ICC B1 Exam.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the IRC
- Code reference exercises, speed drills
- Exam Breakdown
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject (Chapters 1-11)
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of a question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
You are allowed by ICC to use the 2015 IRC codebook when taking your B1 Exam!
YOUR ROADMAP TO SUCCESS. PASS THE ICC B2 EXAM, GUARANTEED!
Refresh your 2015 IBC code knowledge and familiarize yourself with the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and ACI 318-14. Successfully pass your 2015 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC certification!
Get your 2015 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Certification. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE 2015 ICC B2 EXAM. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Exam Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2015 IBC: A Code Primer – For ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspectors”. This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the 35 chapters of the 2015 IBC. ICC International Building Code.
STUDY our “Navigating the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and the ACI 318-14″. This eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual.
PRACTICE utilizing our “Online Exam Center,” providing over 1100 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The course includes:
- eManual (Navigating the 2015 IBC. A Code Primer – For ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam)
- eGuide (Navigating the Concrete Manual)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to eManual & eGuide)
- Online Study Center (Practice looking up answers in your codebook, Take full-length simulated exams).
Our “NAVIGATING THE ICC CONCRETE MANUAL: Based on the 2015 IBC and the ACI 318-14” eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual. This eGuide reviews the use, layout, chapters, and index of the Concrete Manual.
2015 IRC SOFTCOVER
The 2015 IRC is a REQUIRED CODEBOOK for 2015, B1, M1, P1, and E1 Residential Building Inspector Exams.
This comprehensive code compiles all building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas and electrical requirements for non-commercial one- and two-family dwellings in one convenient code. The regulations cover dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
The 2015 IRC® contains many important changes including:
- Common walls separating townhouses must now be rated for 2 hours when an automatic fire sprinkler system is not installed.
- Remodeling of an existing basement does not trigger the emergency escape and rescue opening requirements unless a new bedroom is created.
- Ramps that do not serve the required egress door are now permitted to have a slope not greater than 1 unit vertical in 8 units horizontal.
- Carbon monoxide alarms now require connection to the house wiring system with battery backup. A carbon monoxide alarm is required in bedrooms when there is a fuel-
- fired appliance in the bedroom or adjoining bathroom.
- Revised lumber capacities have changed the span lengths for floor joists, ceiling joists, and rafters in the prescriptive tables of the IRC.
- New sections and tables provide prescriptive methods for posts, beams, joists, and connections in deck construction.
- The girder and header span tables of Chapter 5 have been moved into Chapter 6. Multi-ply and single header tables are combined. A new section describing rim board headers is added.
2015 IBC SOFTCOVER
The 2015 IBC is a REQUIRED CODEBOOK for 2015 B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam.
The scope of the International Building Code® (IBC®) includes all buildings except detached one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
- An automatic sprinkler system is required within a building when the roof is used for A-2 assembly occupancy with an occupant load exceeding 100 or for other assembly uses exceeding 300.
- Carbon monoxide alarm provisions have been relocated, reformatted and revised.
- More detailed scoping requirements for recreational facilities are included within the new Section 1110.
- A modification allows egress through an elevator lobby when access to at least one exit is available without passing through the lobby.
- Group E occupancies and emergency responder facilities located in ‘tornado alley’ are required to have storm shelters. Storm shelters provided for other occupancies and in other areas of the country are voluntary. However, all storm shelter must comply with ICC 500.
- A definition for Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) was added to Chapter 2, and the ANSI/APA PRG 320-2011 product manufacturing standard is referenced in Chapter 23 and added to Chapter 35.
- New code sections were added covering rooftop mounted photovoltaic solar panels.
- Vegetative roof” is defined in Section 202 to be consistent with the definition in the IgCC™ and ASTM D1079. A reference to ASTM E 2397 was added for determining soil loads on vegetative roofs.
- Chapter 34 on existing buildings has been deleted and a reference to the IEBC replaces the chapter. All provisions previously in Chapter 34 may be found in the IEBC.
ISBN 10: 1609834682
ISBN 13: 9781609834685