— ICC 2015 M5 Mechanical Inspector Exam Course! (M1+M2 Exam)
Become a Certified ICC M5 Combination Inspector!
Complete our self-paced 2015 M1 Residential Mechanical Inspector training course then take the actual ICC exam online via ICC PRONTO.
Complete our self-paced 2015 M2 Commercial Mechanical Inspector training course and schedule an additional test date.
Many home inspectors use ICC M5 Combination Inspector certification as a crucial part of their inspector certification portfolio.
Add to cart
You are granted Automatic Combination Designations by the ICC once you pass all exams and prerequisites on your myICC account.
The ICC will track your progress as you test and detect your exam and prerequisite achievements and automatically grant you the combination for which you qualify.
You can print the Wall Certificate for your combination after its prerequisite completion.
M1 EXAM BREAKDOWN:
60 QUESTIONS – 2 HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 75%+ TO PASS
General Administration (10%)
- Project Administration – 2%
- Public Information and Legal – 3%
- Manufacturer’s Installation Instructions -5%
Heating/Cooling/Water Heaters (25%)
- Heating Equipment – 10%
- Water Heaters and Boilers – 4%
- Cooling and Refrigeration – 5%
- Other Systems – 3%
- Heat Pumps and Solar Thermal Energy – 3%
Exhaust and Ventilation Systems (8%)
- Exhausts, Fans, and Kitchen Range Hoods – 3%
- Clothes Dryer Exhaust – 5%
- Duct Construction and Installation – 3%
- Duct and Plenum Use and Application – 5%
Combustion Air (19%)
- Combustion Air 19%
Chimneys and Vents (18%)
- Venting of Fuel-Burning Appliances – 7%
- Chimney and Vent Connectors – 6%
- Factory-Built Chimneys and Fireplaces – 3%
- Masonry Chimneys and Fireplaces – 2%
Fuel-Supply Systems (15%)
- Fuel Supply Installation and Sizing 8%
- Fuel System Connections – 5%
- Oil Piping and Storage – 2%
M2 EXAM BREAKDOWN:
50 QUESTIONS – 2 HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 75%+ TO PASS
General Administration (17%)
- Project Administration 4%
- Public Information and Legal 2%
- Plan Reading 6%
- Manufacturer’s Installation Instructions 5%
Heating/Cooling/Water Heaters (18%)
- Heating Equipment 6%
- Water Heaters and Boilers 4%
- Cooling and Refrigeration 2%
- Other Systems 2%
- Heat Pumps and Solar Thermal Energy 4%
Exhaust and Ventilation Systems (20%)
- Ventilation Systems 6%
- Hood and Kitchen Ventilation 8%
- Hazardous Vapors/Emergency Exhaust System 2%
- Product-Conveying Ventilation Systems 4%
Duct Systems (12%)
- Duct Construction and Installation 4%
- Duct and Plenum Use and Application 2%
- Smoke and Fire Dampers 6%
Combustion Air (8%)
- Combustion Air 8%
Chimneys and Vents (14%)
- Venting of Fuel-Burning Appliances 8%
- Chimney and Vent Connectors 6%
Fuel Supply Systems (10%)
- Fuel Supply Installation and Sizing 8%
- Fuel System Connections 2%
M1 certified Residential Mechanical Inspector responsibilities include the following.
- Inspecting the installation, maintenance, alteration of mechanical systems that are installed and utilized to provide control of environmental conditions and related process for one-and-two family dwellings not more than three stories in height.
- Verify the installation of fuel gas distribution piping and equipment, fuel-gas-fired appliances, and fuel gas-fired appliance wiring.
- Determine compliance with the Building Codes and Standards adopted by their jurisdiction.
ICC PRONTO provides an additional at-home option for taking your ICC M5 exam. Now you have the option of going to your closest PersonVue testing center OR you can take the exam online 24/7 via ICC PRONTO.
ICC Inspector exams are available at Pearson | Vue testing centers across the country. Pricing for each exam is the same regardless if you choose Pearson | Vue or ICC PRONTO to administer your final exam.
2015 IRC SOFTCOVER
You must have a copy of the 2015 IRC to use this program!
Pass the ICC B1, M1, P1, and E1 Exam. The ICC Inspector Certification exam is an open book test.
You must possess a copy of the 2105 IRC when taking your ICC B1, M1, P1, and E1 Residential Inspector Exams.
$144.00Add to cart
The 2015 IRC is a REQUIRED CODEBOOK for 2015, B1, M1, P1, and E1 Residential Building Inspector Exams.
This comprehensive code compiles all building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas and electrical requirements for non-commercial one- and two-family dwellings in one convenient code. The regulations cover dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
The 2015 IRC® contains many important changes including:
- Common walls separating townhouses must now be rated for 2 hours when an automatic fire sprinkler system is not installed.
- Remodeling of an existing basement does not trigger the emergency escape and rescue opening requirements unless a new bedroom is created.
- Ramps that do not serve the required egress door are now permitted to have a slope not greater than 1 unit vertical in 8 units horizontal.
- Carbon monoxide alarms now require connection to the house wiring system with battery backup. A carbon monoxide alarm is required in bedrooms when there is a fuel-
- fired appliance in the bedroom or adjoining bathroom.
- Revised lumber capacities have changed the span lengths for floor joists, ceiling joists, and rafters in the prescriptive tables of the IRC.
- New sections and tables provide prescriptive methods for posts, beams, joists, and connections in deck construction.
- The girder and header span tables of Chapter 5 have been moved into Chapter 6. Multi-ply and single header tables are combined. A new section describing rim board headers is added.
2015 IMC SOFTCOVER
You must have a copy of the 2015 IMC International Mechanical Code to use this program!
Pass the ICC M2 Exam! The ICC Inspector Certification exam is an open book test. You must possess a copy of the 2015 IMC when taking the ICC P2 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam.
$91.00Add to cart
2015 IMC is a Required Codebook for 2015, M2 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam.
Establishes minimum regulations for mechanical systems using prescriptive and performance-related provisions. The IMC® was developed with broad-based principles that make possible the use of new materials, methods, and design.
The 2015 IMC® contains many important changes including:
- Condensate pumps located in uninhabitable spaces and used with condensing fuel-fired appliances and cooling equipment must be connected to the appliance or equipment to prevent water damage if the pump fails.
- The ventilation system for enclosed parking garages must operate continuously or be automatically controlled for intermittent operation utilizing both carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide detectors.
- The new text recognizes the use of dryer exhaust duct power ventilators (DEDPV) for installations that exceed the allowable exhaust duct length for clothes dryers.
- New text regulates the design and construction of exhaust shafts that serve domestic kitchen exhaust systems in multi-story buildings.
2018 IFGC SOFTCOVER
Pass the 2018 ICC M2 Exam or the ICC P2 Exam! The M2 Mechanical inspector exam is a 2-hour 50 question test. The P2 Plumbing inspector exam is a 3.5-hour 80 question exam.
You are allowed to reference the 2018 IFGC International Fuel Gas Code when taking your M2 or P2 Commercial Inspector exams.
You must possess a copy of the 2018 IFGC to use this program properly!
$91.75Add to cart
The 2018 IFGC is a Required Codebook for 2018, M2, and P2, Commercial Building Inspector Exams.
The IFGC contains regulations to safeguard life and property from fires and explosion hazards. Topics include general precautions, emergency planning, and preparedness, fire department access and water supplies, automatic sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, special hazards, and the storage and use of hazardous materials.
The 2018 IFGC® contains many important changes including
- Added coverage of pollution control units.
- A new exception was added to recognize Type I kitchen hoods listed for clearances to combustibles of less than 18 inches.
- Added coverage for a newer type of non-metallic duct, phenolic duct.
- New coverage for high volume large diameter fans (HVLD), also referred to as high volume low speed (HVLS) fans.
- Relaxed requirements for sealing of duct joints and seams for Snap- and Button-lock duct joints located within the thermal envelope.
ISBN 10: 160983741X
ISBN 13: 978-1609837419