— ICC 2015 P5 Plumbing Inspector Exam Course! (P1 + P2 Exam)
Become a Certified ICC P5 Plumbing Inspector!
Complete our self-paced 2015 P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector training course then take the actual ICC exam online via ICC PRONTO.
Complete our self-paced 2015 P2 Commercial Plumbing Inspector training course and schedule an additional test date.
Many home inspectors use ICC B5 Combination Inspector certification as a crucial part of their inspector certification portfolio.
Add to cart
You are granted Automatic Combination Designations by the ICC once you pass all exams and prerequisites on your myICC account.
The ICC will track your progress as you test and detect your exam and prerequisite achievements and automatically grant you the combination for which you qualify.
You can print the Wall Certificate for your combination after its prerequisite completion.
P1 EXAM BREAKDOWN:
60 QUESTIONS – 2 HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 75%+ TO PASS
General Requirements 13%
- Permits 1%
- Piping System Protection 3%
- Piping System Installation 3%
- Building Component Damage 3%
- Testing 3%
- Locations and Required Fixtures 2%
- Materials and Fixture Approvals 1%
- Installation of Fixtures, including clearances, access, and sealing. 2%
- Inspect for maximum and minimum flow rates and temperature control valves. 2%
- Inspect for proper installation of faucets, fixture fittings, and accessories. 1%
Water Heaters 12%
- Use and Installation of Materials and Appliances 2%
- Service and Distribution and Piping 3%
- Valving, Discharge Piping, and Thermal Expansion 4%
- Fuel Gas Piping, Combustion Air, and Venting 3%
Water Supply and Distribution 22%
- Materials Joints and Connections 3%
- Service and Distribution Piping 5%
- Potable Water Supply and Protection contamination. 7%
- Nonpotable Water Supply and Protection 2%
- Pressure and Volume 3%
- Potable Water and Water Treatment 2%
Sanitary Drainage 23%
- Materials, Fittings, Joints, and Connections 4%
- Building Drains, Sewers, Branches, and Stacks 8%
- Backwater Valves, Sumps, Ejectors, and Cleanouts 3%
- Traps 5%
- Indirect Waste Systems 3%
- Materials, Joints, Connections, and Grades 5%
- Sizing 6%
- Requirements, Methods, and Installation 11%
P2 EXAM BREAKDOWN:
P2 EXAM: 60 QUESTIONS – 2.5 HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 75%+ TO PASS
General Requirements 8%
- Piping Protections 5%
- Piping Installation, Support, Sleeving, and Penetrations 3%
- Fixture and Material Approvals 2%
- Installation, Location, Clearance, and Access 5%
- Flow Rates 3%
- Accessibility 5%
Water Heaters 12%
- Installation Requirements 5%
- Gas Piping, Combustion Air, and Venting 7%
Water Supply and Distribution 18%
- Materials, Joints, and Connections 3%
- Identification, Sizing, and Valving 5%
- Protection Against Contamination and Treatment 5%
- Nonpotable Water Distribution Systems 5%
Sanitary Drainage 13%
- Materials and Fittings 3%
- Sizing of System 4%
- Valves, Sumps, Ejectors, and Cleanouts 3%
- Indirect Waste 3%
- Materials, Joints and Connections, and Grade 5%
- Sizing, Method, and Installation 10%
Traps, Interceptors, Separators, Special Piping, and Storage Systems 9%
- Installation Requirements 5%
- Chemical Treatment, High Temperature, & Neutralization Systems 4%
Storm Drainage 5%
- Materials Sizing and Installation 3%
- Sub-soil Sub-drains 2%
Health Care Plumbing 5%
- Materials and Installation 2%
- Service and Distribution Piping 3%
The duties of a P1 certified Residential Plumbing Inspector include the following.
- Verify that the installation of the entire plumbing system is compliant with the codes and standards adopted by their jurisdiction.
- Inspect the installation and testing of piping systems, protection of piping systems and building components, the minimum required fixtures, approved materials, approved fixtures, flow rates, pressures, volume and temperature, and protection of the potable water supply and distribution system.
- Verify that all materials, joints, connections, and appliances are of the approved type.
- Inspect fuel gas piping, combustion air, and required venting.
The duties of a P2 certified Commercial Plumbing Inspector include the following.
- Proper pipe sizing, installation, design, and testing for the DWV system.
- Potable and nonpotable water supply and storage systems.
- The installation of all fixtures, appurtenances, and appliances.
- The installation of all regulated safety devices, water heater installation, and appurtenances
- The installation, design, and protection of all specialty fixture that serve special functions and the connections to the DWV and water supply systems
- The design, pipe sizing, and testing for the storm drainage system
- The design, installation of all special piping and storage systems for non-flammable medical gases and non-medical oxygen systems
- All permitting, documentation and approved drawings have been filed and completed.