Pass ICC G31 National Standard Journeyman Mechanical Exam
Learn how to get an ICC G31 Journeyman Mechanical license (Online and self-paced)
If your state, county, or city licensing agency requires you to pass the ICC G31 Journeyman Mechanical Exam, complete our online exam preparation course, then schedule your G31 exam through Pearson|VUE.
Your Blueprint for Success. Pass the ICC G31 Exam, Guaranteed!
Refresh your 2018 IMC, & 2018 IFGC code knowledge. Successfully prepare for your ICC G31 certification exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our ICC G31 National Standard Journeyman Mechanical exam preparation course is your best, most affordable path to success!
Pass your ICC G31 Journeyman Mechanical exam. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE ICC G31 EXAM.
How To Use This Course
STUDY our “Navigating the 2018 IMC: A Code Primer – This eManual will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of the fifteen chapters of the 2018 IMC, International Mechanical Code.
STUDY our “Navigating the 2018 IFGC: A Code Primer – This eManual will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of the eight chapters of the 2018 IFGC, International Fuel & Gas Code.
PRACTICE answering realistic exam questions using the methods explained in our “Navigating the 2018 IMC” and “Navigating the 2018 IFGC. Over 2,800 code-specific practice questions and answers and unlimited full-length, timed final exams.
The course includes:
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2018 IMC” eManuals help students review the (IMC) International Mechanical Code. It familiarizes you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1 through 15 of the 2018 IMC.
eManual – NAVIGATING THE 2018 IFGC: A Code Primer:
Our “NAVIGATING THE IFGC” eManual helps students review the (IFGC) International Fuel Gas Code. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1 through 8 of the 2018 IFGC.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the IFGC
- Codebook navigation exercises, speed drills
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject (Chapters 1-8)
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of a problem for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
You are allowed to use the 2018 IFGC codebook when taking your ICC G31 Exam!
Our online practice questions provide you with a framework to practice utilizing your 2018 IMC and 2018 IFGC Codebooks. The process of constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides you with the required skill set to pass your ICC G31 Journeyman Mechanical exam.
Four modes of study!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 2,800 ICC G31 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provides real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC G31 Journeyman Mechanical exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on G31 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC G31 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic ICC G31 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC G31 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2018 (IMC) INTERNATIONAL MECHANICAL CODE, and 2018 (IFGC) INTERNATIONAL FUEL GAS CODE. IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS COPIES OF THESE CODEBOOKS, PURCHASE THEM BELOW.
50 QUESTIONS – 3 HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 70% + TO PASS
- Administration General Regulations 22%
- General Installation Requirements
- Code Definitions and Terms
- Plan Reading
- Appliances & Mechanical Equipment 22%
- Heating Equipment & Gen App Installation
- Water Heaters and Boilers
- Cooling and Refrigeration Systems
- Hydronic and Other Systems
- Exhaust and Ventilation Systems 14%
- Exhaust Fan & Product Conveying Systems
- Commercial Hoods & Kitchen Ventilation
- Duct Systems 16%
- Duct Construction, Installation & Plenums
- Smoke and Fire Dampers
- Combustion Air 8%
- Combustion Air
- Chimneys and Vents 10%
- Venting of Fuel Burning Appliances
- Chimney and Vent Connectors
- Gas Piping & Fuel Supply Systems 8%
- Fuel Installation and Sizing
- Fuel System Connections
Please click the following link to read/download the ICC Candidate Information Bulletin.
This bulletin answers most questions raised by examination candidates. Please read it carefully. You will find it a useful reference throughout your registration and examination process.
Take your ICC G31 Exam at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|VUE.
About the ICC G31 National Standard Journeyman Mechanical exam.
- Contact the appropriate building department for specific licensing requirements.
- Passing an ICC national standard exam is NOT a license to practice and does not guarantee a license in any jurisdiction.
- To acquire a license to practice, you must apply to the specific state licensing agency or building department and meet all of their licensing requirements.
Pearson|VUE requirements/recommendations for scheduling the G31 exam.
IMPORTANT: ICC has been split into different testing programs on their website. You will need to know the three-digit exam code before registering for your Contractor/Trades exam. Each testing program will require a unique username and password.
The Contractor/Trades program is also split into exams that require pre-authorization and exams that do not require pre-authorization. View the current exams that require pre-authorization OR do not require pre-authorization.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
- If you answer sixteen or more of these free ICC G31 practice questions correctly, you are in pretty good shape.
- However, if you miss four or more questions, get this course, you are in danger of failing your ICC G31 exam.