ICC 550 Kansas Standard General Building Contractor (A) Exam Prep Course
Pass The ICC 550 Kansas Standard General Building Contractor (A) (Online and self-paced)
Complete our online exam preparation course If your state, county, or city licensing agency requires you to pass the ICC 550 Kansas Standard General Building Contractor (A) Exam.
Your Blueprint for Success. Pass the ICC 550 Exam, Guaranteed!
Refresh your 2015 IBC code knowledge and familiarize yourself with the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2021 IBC and ACI 318-19. Successfully prepare for your ICC 550 certification exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our ICC 550 National Standard General Building Contractor (A) exam preparation course is your best, most affordable path to success!
Pass your ICC 550 National Standard General Building Contractor exam. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE ICC 550 EXAM.
How To Use Our Online Study Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2015 IBC: A Code Primer – This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the 35 chapters of the 2015 IBC. ICC International Building Code.
STUDY our “Navigating the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2021 IBC and the ACI 318-19″ – This eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual.
PRACTICE answering realistic exam questions using the methods explained in our “Navigating the 2015 IBC” and “Navigating the Concrete Manual.” Over 1,100 code-specific practice questions and answers and unlimited full-length, timed final exams.
The course includes:
Our online practice questions provide you with a framework to practice utilizing your 2015 IBC Codebook and Concrete Manual. The process of constantly utilizing your codebook or the approved reference material to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides you with the required skill set to pass your ICC 550 Kansas Standard General Building (A) Contractor exam.
Four modes of study!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 1,100 ICC 550 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provides real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC 550 Kansas Standard General Building Contractor exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on 550 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC 550 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic ICC 550 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC 550 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF, 2015 (IBC) INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE AND A COPY OF THE CONCRETE MANUAL. IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS A COPY OF THESE BOOKS, PURCHASE THEM BELOW.
90 QUESTIONS – 4 HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 75%+ TO PASS
Administration General Regulations: (15%)
- Code Definitions and Terms
- Plan Reading
Building Planning and Life Safety: (25%)
- Use and Occupancy and Types of Construction
- Fire and Smoke Alarms and Fire Protection
- Occupancy Needs and Interior Environment
- Exiting and Means of Egress
Structural Systems: (45%)
- Site Work
- Footings and Foundations
- Wall Framing and Stairs
- Roof Ceiling Construction Roof Assembly
Building Envelope: (15%)
- Interior Finishes
- Glass and Glazing
- Exterior Finishes and Roof Coverings
Please click the following links to read/download the
These bulletins answer most questions raised by examination candidates. Please read them carefully, as they are a useful reference throughout your registration and examination process.
Take your ICC 550 Exam at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|VUE.
Download the Kansas Contractor/Trades Examination Bulletin from ICC.
About the ICC 550 Kansas Standard General Building Contractor (A) exam.
- Contact the appropriate building department for specific licensing requirements.
- Passing an ICC Kansas standard exam is NOT a license to practice and does not guarantee a license in any jurisdiction.
- To acquire a license to practice, you must apply to the specific state licensing agency or building department and meet all of their licensing requirements.
Pearson|VUE requirements/recommendations for scheduling the ICC 550 exam.
IMPORTANT: ICC has been split into different testing programs on the Pearson|VUE website. You will need to know the three-digit exam code before registering for your Contractor/Trades exam. Each testing program will require a unique username and password.
The Contractor/Trades program is also split into exams that require pre-authorization and exams that do not require pre-authorization. View the current exams that require pre-authorization OR do not require pre-authorization.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
- If you answer sixteen or more of these free ICC 550 practice questions correctly, you are in pretty good shape.
- However, if you miss four or more questions, get this course, you are in danger of failing your ICC 550 exam.