Pass the 2015 ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector Exam!
Learn how to become an ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector. (Online and self-paced)
Complete our 2015 ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector exam preparation course. Enhance your career as a certified P1 Plumbing Inspector.
Out of stock
Your Blueprint For Success. You Can Pass the ICC P1 Exam. We Guarantee it!
Refresh your IRC (Ch 1-2 and 24-33) code knowledge, successfully pass your 2015 ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector Exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive Plumbing Inspector exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC P1 certification!
Get your ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector Certification. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE ICC P1 EXAM. Our money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Exam Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2015 IRC: A Code Primer – For ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspectors”. This eManual familiarizes you with the code’s structure and function within chapters 1-2 and 24-33 of the 2015 IRC. International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings.
PRACTICE utilizing our “Online Exam Center,” providing over 800 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The course includes:
- eManual (Navigating the 2015 IRC. A Code Primer – For the ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector exam)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to eManual)
- Online Exam Center (Practice looking up answers in your codebook, Take full-length simulated exams).
eMANUAL – NAVIGATING THE 2015 IRC – A Code Primer – For the ICC P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector Exam
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2015 IRC” eManual helps students review the (IRC) International Residential Code. The eManual focuses specifically on the relationship of the IRC to the P1 Certification Exam. When you master the code, you master the Exam!
Designed specifically for the P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector course. This eManual familiarizes you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1-2 and 24-33 of the 2015 IRC. The eManual also provides a comprehensive review of study questions similar to those found on the ICC P1 Exam.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the IRC
- Code reference exercises, speed drills
- Exam Breakdown
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject (Chapters 1-2 and 24-33)
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of a question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
You are allowed by ICC to use the 2015 IRC codebook when taking your P1 Exam!
Online Exam Center – STUDY QUESTIONS & PRACTICE EXAMS
Access eManuals, Study Questions, and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access!
Our online practice questions provide a framework to practice utilizing chapters 1-2 and 24-33 of your 2015 IRC Codebook. Constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides you with the required skill set to easily pass your P1 Plumbing inspector exam.
Four modes of practice!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 800 ICC P1 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provide real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC P1 Building inspector exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on P1 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC P1 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic P1 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC P1 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online Exam center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2015 (IRC). IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THIS CODEBOOK, PURCHASE ONE IMMEDIATELY.
How many questions are there in the actual 2015 ICC P1 Exam?
Answer: There are 60 code questions sourced from Chapters 1-2 and 24-33 of the 2015 IRC.
How much time are you allowed to complete the P1 exam?
Answer: You have no more than two hours (Average two minutes per question) to complete the P1 exam.
What am I allowed as reference materials when taking my P1 Exam?
Answer: You are allowed the 2015 IRC. Exam questions will only come from this codebook.
What percentage of questions do I need to get right to pass the P1 exam?
Answer: You must get 45 or more questions correct (75%) to pass the P1 exam.
What type of questions will I be asked on my 2015 P1 exam?
Answer: The ICC P1 exam is a multiple-choice exam. Each question has four potential answers, with one answer being the most accurate or correct solution to the question. Specific question makeup is as follows.
- General Requirements 13%
- Permits 1%
- Piping System Protection 3%
- Piping System Installation 3%
- Building Component Damage 3%
- Testing 3%
- Fixtures 8%
- Locations and Required Fixtures 2%
- Materials and Fixture Approvals 1%
- Installation of Fixtures, including clearances, access, and sealing. 2%
- Inspect for maximum and minimum flow rates and temperature control valves. 2%
- Inspect for proper installation of faucets, fixture fittings, and accessories. 1%
- Water Heaters 12%
- Use and Installation of Materials and Appliances 2%
- Service and Distribution and Piping 3%
- Valving, Discharge Piping, and Thermal Expansion 4%
- Fuel Gas Piping, Combustion Air, and Venting 3%
- Water Supply and Distribution 22%
- Materials Joints and Connections 3%
- Service and Distribution Piping 5%
- Potable Water Supply and Protection contamination. 7%
- Nonpotable Water Supply and Protection 2%
- Pressure and Volume 3%
- Potable Water and Water Treatment 2%
- Sanitary Drainage 23%
- Materials, Fittings, Joints, and Connections 4%
- Building Drains, Sewers, Branches, and Stacks 8%
- Backwater Valves, Sumps, Ejectors, and Cleanouts 3%
- Traps 5%
- Indirect Waste Systems 3%
- Vents 22%
- Materials, Joints, Connections, and Grades 5%
- Sizing 6%
- Requirements, Methods, and Installation 11%
Take Your ICC P1 Exam With ICC PRONTO or Take Your Test at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home option for taking your ICC exam 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
ICC Inspector exams are also available in person at Pearson | Vue testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|Vue.
Pricing for each exam is the same regardless if you choose Pearson | Vue or ICC PRONTO to administer your final exam.
PRONTO Requirements/Recommendations for Taking the P1 Exam.
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room; if someone else enters while you are testing, the Proctor will automatically eject you from the exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can remain shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to stay in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break at any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock continues to count down during any breaks. Additionally, a new desk scan is required before you are allowed to continue taking the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend using wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
2015 IRC SOFTCOVER
The 2015 IRC is a REQUIRED CODEBOOK for 2015, B1, M1, P1, and E1 Residential Building Inspector Exams.
This comprehensive code compiles all building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, and electrical requirements for non-commercial one- and two-family dwellings in one convenient code. The regulations cover dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
The 2015 IRC® contains many important changes, including:
- Common walls separating townhouses must now be rated for 2 hours when an automatic fire sprinkler system is not installed.
- Remodeling an existing basement does not trigger the emergency escape and rescue opening requirements unless a new bedroom is created.
- Ramps that do not serve the required egress door are now permitted to have a slope not greater than 1 unit vertical in 8 units horizontal.
- Carbon monoxide alarms now require a connection to the house wiring system with battery backup. A carbon monoxide alarm is required in bedrooms when there is a fuel-
- fired appliance in the bedroom or adjoining bathroom.
- Revised lumber capacities have changed the span lengths for floor joists, ceiling joists, and rafters in the IRC’s prescriptive tables.
- New sections and tables provide prescriptive methods for posts, beams, joists, and deck construction connections.
- The girder and header span tables of Chapter 5 have been moved into Chapter 6. Multi-ply and single header tables are combined. A new section describing rim board headers is added.
The ICC P1 exam is a 60-question test randomly selected from a database of thousands of potential questions. Memorizing answers is not the path to passing your exam!
If you understand how to break down exam questions and locate exam answers in your codebook, you should be able to answer 100% of these practice questions correctly.
We teach you how to quickly navigate your codebook & pass your exam. “Master The Code, Master The Exam!“
Use the 2015 (IRC) International Residential Code to solve these ICC P1 certification exam practice questions.