Pass the 2018 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam!
Learn how to become an ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector. (Online and self-paced)
Complete our online 2018 B2 Commercial Building Inspector License course, then pass your ICC B2 exam online via ICC PRONTO.
YOUR BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESS. PASS THE ICC B2 EXAM, GUARANTEED!
Refresh your 2018 IBC code knowledge and familiarize yourself with the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2018 IBC and ACI 318-14. Successfully pass your 2018 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC B2 certification!
Get your 2018 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Certification. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE B2 EXAM. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Exam Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2018 IBC: A Code Primer – For ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspectors”. This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the 35 chapters of the 2018 IBC “International Building Code.”
STUDY our “Navigating the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and the ACI 318-14″. This eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual.
PRACTICE utilizing our “Online Exam Center,” providing over 1100 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The course includes:
- eManual (Navigating the 2018 IBC. A Code Primer – For ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam)
- eGuide (Navigating the Concrete Manual)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to eManual & eGuide)
- Online Exam Center (Practice looking up answers in your codebook. Take full-length simulated exams).
eMANUAL – NAVIGATING THE 2018 IBC: A Code Primer – For the ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam.
Our “NAVIGATING THE IBC” eManual helps students review the (IBC) International Building Code. The eManual focuses specifically on the relationship between the 2018 IBC and the 2018 ICC B2 Certification Exam.
When you master the code, you master your Exam!
This eManual is the starting point for the TLC Certification Training Program. Designed specifically for the ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of the 2018 IBC. The eManual also provides a comprehensive review of study questions similar to those found on the ICC B2 Exam.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the IBC
- Codebook navigation exercises, speed drills
- Exam breakdown
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject (Chapters 1-35)
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of a question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
ICC allows the use of your 2018 IBC codebook when taking the B2 exam!
Our “NAVIGATING THE ICC CONCRETE MANUAL: Based on the 2015 IBC and the ACI 318-14” eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual. This eGuide reviews the use, layout, chapters, and index of the Concrete Manual.
Online Exam Center – STUDY QUESTIONS & PRACTICE EXAMS
Our online practice questions provide you with a framework to practice utilizing your 2018 IBC Codebook and the Concrete Manual. This process of constantly utilizing your codebooks to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides you with the required skill set to pass your ICC B2 Commercial Building inspector exam easily.
Four modes of practice!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 1100 ICC B2 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provides real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC B2 Commercial Building inspector exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on B2 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC B2 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic B2 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC B2 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online exam center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2018 IBC AS WELL AS THE CONCRETE MANUAL. IF YOU DO NOT OWN COPIES OF THESE BOOKS, YOU CAN PURCHASE THEM BELOW.
How many questions are there in the actual 2018 ICC B2 Exam?
Answer: There are 80 code questions sourced from the 2015 IBC and the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and ACI 318-14
How much time are you allowed to complete the B2 exam?
Answer: You have no more than three hours and thirty minutes (Average, less than two minutes per question) to complete the B2 exam.
What am I allowed as reference materials when taking my B2 Exam?
Answer: You are allowed the 2018 IBC and the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and ACI 318-14. Exam questions come from these codebooks.
What percentage of questions do I need to get right to pass the B2 exam?
Answer: You must get 60 or more questions correct (75%) to pass the B2 exam.
What type of questions will I be asked on my 2015 B2 exam?
Answer: The ICC B2 exam is a multiple-choice exam. Each question has four potential answers, with one answer being the most accurate or correct solution to the question. Specific question makeup is as follows:
- General Administration (6%)
- Project Administration – 1%
- Public Information and Legal – 1%
- Plan Reading – 4%
- Building Planning (20%)
- Fire-Resistance-Rated Construction – 5%
- Building Location – 2%
- Interior-Environment – 1%
- Occupancy Classification and Type of Construction – 5%
- Safeguards During Construction – 1%
- Accessibility – 2%
- Material Quality – 2%
- Interior Coverings – 2%
- Footings and Foundations (8%)
- Footings – 3%
- Stepped Footings and Special Foundations – 1%
- Piles and Piers – 1%
- Foundation Walls – 3%
- Floor Construction (8%)
- Floor Systems – 5%
- Concrete Slabs – 3%
- Wall Construction and Coverings (21%)
- Wood Wall Systems – 5%
- Steel Framing Systems – 3%
- Masonry Wall Systems – 5%
- Concrete Wall Systems – 3%
- Wall Reinforcement – 2%
- Exterior Sheathing and Weather-Resistant Coverings – 3%
- Roof/Ceiling Construction (6%)
- Roof/Ceiling Assemblies – 5%
- Roof Sheathing and Coverings – 1%
- Public Safety and Special Construction (31%)
- Means of Egress – 10%
- Fire Protection Systems – 4%
- Smoke and Fire Venting Control – 4%
- Interior Finishes and Insulation – 4%
- Safety Glazing and Glass – 4%
- Opening Protectives, Penetrations, and Joint Systems – 2%
- Miscellaneous Construction – 1%
- Building Services and Special Construction – 1%
- Fireplaces and Chimneys – 1%
PRONTO requirements/recommendations for scheduling the B2 exam.
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home method for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room; if someone else enters while you are testing, the Proctor will automatically eject you from the exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can remain shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to stay in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break at any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock continues to count down during any breaks. Additionally, a new desk scan is required before you are allowed to continue taking the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend using wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
2018 IBC SOFTCOVER
The scope of the International Building Code® (IBC®) includes all buildings except detached one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
The 2018 IBC® contains many important changes:
- Accessory storage spaces of any size are now permitted to be classified as part of the occupancy’s occupancy.
- New code sections have been introduced addressing medical gas systems and higher education laboratories.
- The use of firewalls to create separate buildings is now limited to only determining permissible construction types based on allowable building area and height.
- Where an elevator hoistway door opens into a fire-resistance-rated corridor, the opening must be protected in a manner to address smoke intrusion into the hoistway.
- The occupant load factor for business uses has been revised to one occupant per 150 square feet.
- Live loads on decks and balconies increase the deck live load to one and one-half times the live load of the area served.
- The minimum lateral load that firewalls are required to resist is five pounds per square foot.
- Wind speed maps updated, including maps for the state of Hawaii.
- Terminology describing wind speeds has changed again with ultimate design wind speeds, now called basic design wind speeds.
- Site soil coefficients now correspond to the newest generation of ground motion attenuation equations (seismic values).
- Five-foot tall wood trusses requiring permanent bracing must have a periodic special inspection to verify that the required bracing has been installed.
- A new alternative fastener schedule for mechanically laminated decking is added, giving equivalent power-driven fasteners for the 20-penny nail.
- Solid sawn lumber header and girder spans for the exterior bearing walls reduce span lengths to allow #2 Southern Pine design values.
ISBN 10: 1609837355
ISBN 13: 978-1609837358
ACI 318-14 SOFTCOVER
Pass the 2018 ICC B2 Exam! The ICC Commercial Building Inspector exam is a 3.5-hour open-book test.
You are allowed to reference the ACI 318R-14 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete codebook when taking your B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam.
You must possess a copy of the ACI 318R-14 to use this program properly!
ACI 318-14 is a Required Codebook for the ICC, B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam.
ACI 318-14: Building Code Requirements for Reinforced Concrete and Commentary. ACI 318-14 is completely reorganized for greater ease of use
The “Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete” (“Code”) provides minimum requirements for the materials, design, and detailing of structural concrete buildings and, where applicable, nonbuilding structures.
This Code addresses structural systems, members, and connections, including cast-in-place, precast, plain, non-prestressed, prestressed, and composite construction. Among the subjects covered are design and construction for strength, serviceability, and durability; load combinations, load factors, and strength reduction factors; structural analysis methods; deflection limits; mechanical and adhesive anchoring to concrete; development and splicing of reinforcement; construction document information; field inspection and testing; and methods to evaluate the strength of existing structures.
“Building Code Requirements for Concrete Thin Shells” (ACI 318.2) is adopted by reference in this Code.
The Code user will find that ACI 318-14 has been substantially reorganized and reformatted from previous editions. This reorganization’s principal objectives are to present all design and detailing requirements for structural systems or individual members in chapters devoted to those individual subjects and arrange the chapters in a manner that generally follows the process and chronology of design and construction. Information and procedures that are common to the design of members are located in utility chapters.
The quality and testing of materials used in construction are covered by reference to the appropriate ASTM standard specifications. Welding of reinforcement is covered by reference to the appropriate American Welding Society (AWS) standard.
Uses of the Code include adoption by reference in general building code, and earlier editions have been widely used in this manner. The Code is written in a format that allows such reference without change to its language. Therefore, background details or suggestions for carrying out the Code provisions’ requirements or intent cannot be included within the Code itself. Commentary is provided for this purpose. Some of the committee’s considerations in developing the Code are discussed within the Commentary, with emphasis given to the explanation of new or revised provisions.
Much of the research data referenced in preparing the Code is cited for the user desiring to study individual questions in greater detail. Other documents that provide suggestions for carrying out the requirements of the Code are also cited. Technical changes from ACI 318-11 to ACI 318-14 are outlined in the May 2014 issue of Concrete International. Transition keys showing how the code was reorganized provided on the ACI website on the 318 Resource Page under Topics in Concrete.
- If you answer sixteen or more of these practice questions correctly, congratulations, you are in pretty good shape.
- However, if you miss five or more questions, get this course, you are in danger of failing your ICC Exam.