Pass the ICC F12 National Standard General Building Contractor (B) Exam
Learn how to become an ICC F12 National Standard General Building Contractor (B) (Online and self-paced)
If your state, county, or city licensing agency requires you to pass the ICC F12 National Standard General Building Contractor Exam (B), complete our online ICC exam preparation course, then schedule your F12 exam through Pearson|VUE.
Your Blueprint for Success. Pass the ICC F12 Exam, Guaranteed.
Refresh your 2015 IRC and 2015 IBC code knowledge. Familiarize yourself with the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and ACI 318-14. Successfully prepare for your ICC F12 certification exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our ICC F12 National Standard General Building Contractor (B) exam preparation course is your best, most affordable path to success!
Pass your ICC F12 ICC National Standard General Building Contractor (B) exam. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE ICC F12 EXAM.
How To Use Our Online Study Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2015 IRC: A Code Primer – This eManual familiarizes you with the code’s structure and function within the first 11 chapters of the 2015 IRC, “ICC International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings.”
STUDY our “Navigating the 2015 IBC: A Code Primer – This eManual familiarizes you with the code’s structure within the 35 chapters of the 2015 IBC, ICC International Building Code.
STUDY our “Navigating the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and the ACI 318-14″ – This eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual.
PRACTICE answering realistic exam questions using the methods explained in our “Navigating the 2015 IRC”, “Navigating the 2015 IBC,” and “Navigating the Concrete Manual.” Over 1,800 code-specific practice questions and answers and unlimited full-length, timed final exams.
The course includes:
This eManual is the starting point for the TLC Certification Training Program. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1 through 11 of the 2015 IRC.
Our “NAVIGATING THE ICC CONCRETE MANUAL: Based on the 2015 IBC and the ACI 318-14” eGuide focuses specifically on navigating the Concrete Manual.
This eGuide reviews the use, layout, chapters, and index of the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and the ACI 318-14.
Access eManuals, Study Questions, and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access!
Our online practice questions provide you with a framework to practice utilizing your 2015 IRC, 2015 IBC Codebooks, and the Concrete Manual. The process of constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides you with the required skill set to pass your ICC F12 National Standard General Building Contractor (B) exam.
Four modes of study!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 1,800 ICC F12 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provides real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC F12 National Standard General Building (B) Contractor exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on F12 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC F12 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic ICC F12 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC F12 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF, 2015 (IRC) INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODE AND 2015 (IBC) INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE AND A COPY OF THE CONCRETE MANUAL. IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS COPIES OF THESE MANUALS, PURCHASE THEM BELOW.
80 Questions – 4 Hr Time Limit – Open Book Exam – 70%+ To Pass
- Administration: 6%
- Building Planning: 5%
- Plan Reading: 13%
- Life Safety: 9%
- Exterior Walls: 3%
- Roof Assemblies and Rooftop Structures: 8%
- Soils and Foundations: 10%
- Concrete: 5%
- Masonry: 11%
- Steel: 6%
- Wood: 18%
- Glass and Glazing: 1%
- Gypsum Board and Plaster: 3%
- Special Construction: 1%
- Energy Efficiency: 1%
Please click the following link to read/download the ICC Candidate Information Bulletin.
This bulletin answers most questions raised by examination candidates. Please read it carefully. You will find it a useful reference throughout your registration and examination process.
Take your ICC F12 exam at the closest Pearson|VUE test center.
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|VUE.
About the ICC F12 National Standard General Building Contractor (B) exam.
- Contact the appropriate building department for specific licensing requirements.
- Passing an ICC national standard exam is NOT a license to practice and does not guarantee a license in any jurisdiction.
- To acquire a license to practice, you must apply to the specific state licensing agency or building department and meet all of their licensing requirements.
Pearson|VUE Requirements/Recommendations for scheduling the F12 Exam.
IMPORTANT: ICC has been split into different testing programs on the Pearson|VUE website. You will need to know the three-digit exam code before registering for your Contractor/Trades exam. Each testing program will require a unique username and password.
The Contractor/Trades program is also split into exams that require pre-authorization and exams that do not require pre-authorization. View the current exams that require pre-authorization OR do not require pre-authorization.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
- If you answer sixteen or more of these free ICC F12 practice questions correctly, you are in pretty good shape.
- However, if you miss four or more questions, get this course, you are in danger of failing your ICC F12 exam.