Pass the 2015 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam!
Learn how to become an ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector. (Online and self-paced)
Complete our 2015 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam preparation course, Enhance your career as a certified B2 Building Inspector.
Out of stock
Your Blueprint For Success. You Can Pass the ICC B2 Exam. We Guarantee it!
Refresh your 2015 IBC code knowledge and familiarize yourself with the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2021 IBC and ACI 318-19. Successfully pass your 2015 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC B2 certification!
Get your 2015 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Certification. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE B2 EXAM. Our money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Exam Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2015 IBC: A Code Primer – For ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspectors“. This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the 35 chapters of the 2015 IBC. ICC International Building Code.
STUDY our “Navigating the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2021 IBC and the ACI 318-19″. This eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual.
PRACTICE utilizing our “Online Exam Center,” providing over 1100 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The course includes:
- eManual (Navigating the 2015 IBC. A Code Primer – For ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam)
- eGuide (Navigating the Concrete Manual)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to eManual & eGuide)
- Online Study Center (Practice looking up answers in your codebook, Take full-length simulated exams).
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2015 IBC” eManual reviews the (IBC) International Building Code. This eManual focuses specifically on the relationship of the IBC to the B2 Certification Exam. When you master the code, you master the Exam!
This eManual is designed specifically for the B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of the 35 chapters of the 2015 IBC. The eManual also provides a comprehensive review of study questions similar to those found on the ICC B2 Exam.
Our “NAVIGATING THE ICC CONCRETE MANUAL: Based on the 2021 IBC and the ACI 318-19” eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual. This eGuide reviews the use, layout, chapters, and index of the Concrete Manual.
How many questions are there in the actual 2015 ICC B2 Exam?
Answer: There are 80 code questions sourced from the 2015 IBC and the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and ACI 318-14 or 2021 IBC and ACI 318-19
How much time are you allowed to complete the B2 exam?
Answer: You have no more than three hours and thirty minutes (Average, less than two minutes per question) to complete the B2 exam.
What am I allowed as reference materials when taking my B2 Exam?
Answer: You are allowed the 2015 IBC and the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and ACI 318-14 or 2021 IBC and ACI 318-19. Exam questions come from these codebooks.
What percentage of questions do I need to get right to pass the B2 exam?
Answer: You must get 60 or more questions correct (75%) to pass the B2 exam.
What type of questions will I be asked on my 2015 B2 exam?
Answer: The ICC B2 exam is a multiple-choice exam. Each question has four potential answers, with one answer being the most accurate or correct solution to the question. Specific question makeup is as follows:
- General Administration (6%)
- Project Administration – 1%
- Public Information and Legal – 1%
- Plan Reading – 4%
- Building Planning 20%)
- Fire-Resistance-Rated Construction – (5%
- Building Location – 2%
- Interior-Environment – 1%
- Occupancy Classification and Type of Construction – 5%
- Safeguards During Construction – 1%
- Accessibility – 2%
- Material Quality – 2%
- Interior Coverings – 2%
- Footings and Foundations (8%)
- Footings – 3%
- Stepped Footings and Special Foundations – 1%
- Piles and Piers – 1%
- Foundation Walls – 3%
- Floor Construction 8%)
- Floor Systems – 5%
- Concrete Slabs – 3%
- Wall Construction and Coverings (21%)
- Wood Wall Systems – 5%
- Steel Framing Systems – 3%
- Masonry Wall Systems – 5%
- Concrete Wall Systems 3%
- Wall Reinforcement 2%
- Exterior Sheathing and Weather-Resistant Coverings – 3%
- Roof/Ceiling Construction (6%)
- Roof/Ceiling Assemblies – 5%
- Roof Sheathing and Coverings – 1%
- Public Safety and Special Construction (31%)
- Means of Egress – 10%
- Fire Protection Systems – 4%
- Smoke and Fire Venting Control – 4%
- Interior Finishes and Insulation – 4%
- Safety Glazing and Glass – 4%
- Opening Protectives, Penetrations, and Joint Systems – 2%
- Miscellaneous Construction – 1%
- Building Services and Special Construction – 1%
- Fireplaces and Chimneys – 1%
Take Your ICC B2 Exam With ICC PRONTO or Take Your Test at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home option for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
ICC Inspector exams are also available in person at Pearson|Vue testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|Vue.
Pricing for each exam is the same regardless if you choose Pearson|Vue or ICC PRONTO to administer your final exam.
PRONTO Requirements/Recommendations for Taking the B2 Exam.
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room; if someone else enters while you are testing, the Proctor will automatically eject you from the exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can remain shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to stay in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break at any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock continues to count down during any breaks. Additionally, a new desk scan is required before you are allowed to continue taking the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend using wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
OR, Take your ICC 2015 B2 Exam at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
The ICC B2 exam is an 80-question test randomly selected from a database of thousands of potential questions. Memorizing answers is not the path to passing your exam!
If you understand how to break down exam questions and locate exam answers in your codebook, you should be able to answer 100% of these practice questions correctly.
We teach you how to quickly navigate your codebook & pass your exam. “Master The Code, Master The Exam!”
Use the 2015 IBC Codebook & 2015 or 2021 Concrete Manual to solve 2015 ICC B2 practice exam questions.