Pass the 2015 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam!
Learn how to become an ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector. (Online and self-paced)
Complete our online 2015 B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam prep course, then pass the ICC B2 exam online via ICC PRONTO.
Your Blueprint For Success. You Can Pass the ICC B2 Exam. We Guarantee it!
Refresh your 2015 IBC code knowledge and familiarize yourself with the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2021 IBC and ACI 318-19. Successfully pass your 2015 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC B2 certification!
Get your 2015 ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector Certification. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE B2 EXAM. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Exam Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2015 IBC: A Code Primer – For ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspectors”. This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the 35 chapters of the 2015 IBC. ICC International Building Code.
STUDY our “Navigating the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2021 IBC and the ACI 318-19″. This eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual.
PRACTICE utilizing our “Online Exam Center,” providing over 1100 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The course includes:
- eManual (Navigating the 2015 IBC. A Code Primer – For ICC B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam)
- eGuide (Navigating the Concrete Manual)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to eManual & eGuide)
- Online Study Center (Practice looking up answers in your codebook, Take full-length simulated exams).
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2015 IBC” eManual reviews the (IBC) International Building Code. This eManual focuses specifically on the relationship of the IBC to the B2 Certification Exam. When you master the code, you master the Exam!
This eManual is designed specifically for the B2 Commercial Building Inspector exam. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of the 35 chapters of the 2015 IBC. The eManual also provides a comprehensive review of study questions similar to those found on the ICC B2 Exam.
Our “NAVIGATING THE ICC CONCRETE MANUAL: Based on the 2021 IBC and the ACI 318-19” eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual. This eGuide reviews the use, layout, chapters, and index of the Concrete Manual.
How many questions are there in the actual 2015 ICC B2 Exam?
Answer: There are 80 code questions sourced from the 2015 IBC and the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and ACI 318-14 or 2021 IBC and ACI 318-19
How much time are you allowed to complete the B2 exam?
Answer: You have no more than three hours and thirty minutes (Average, less than two minutes per question) to complete the B2 exam.
What am I allowed as reference materials when taking my B2 Exam?
Answer: You are allowed the 2015 IBC and the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and ACI 318-14 or 2021 IBC and ACI 318-19. Exam questions come from these codebooks.
What percentage of questions do I need to get right to pass the B2 exam?
Answer: You must get 60 or more questions correct (75%) to pass the B2 exam.
What type of questions will I be asked on my 2015 B2 exam?
Answer: The ICC B2 exam is a multiple-choice exam. Each question has four potential answers, with one answer being the most accurate or correct solution to the question. Specific question makeup is as follows:
- General Administration (6%)
- Project Administration – 1%
- Public Information and Legal – 1%
- Plan Reading – 4%
- Building Planning 20%)
- Fire-Resistance-Rated Construction – (5%
- Building Location – 2%
- Interior-Environment – 1%
- Occupancy Classification and Type of Construction – 5%
- Safeguards During Construction – 1%
- Accessibility – 2%
- Material Quality – 2%
- Interior Coverings – 2%
- Footings and Foundations (8%)
- Footings – 3%
- Stepped Footings and Special Foundations – 1%
- Piles and Piers – 1%
- Foundation Walls – 3%
- Floor Construction 8%)
- Floor Systems – 5%
- Concrete Slabs – 3%
- Wall Construction and Coverings (21%)
- Wood Wall Systems – 5%
- Steel Framing Systems – 3%
- Masonry Wall Systems – 5%
- Concrete Wall Systems 3%
- Wall Reinforcement 2%
- Exterior Sheathing and Weather-Resistant Coverings – 3%
- Roof/Ceiling Construction (6%)
- Roof/Ceiling Assemblies – 5%
- Roof Sheathing and Coverings – 1%
- Public Safety and Special Construction (31%)
- Means of Egress – 10%
- Fire Protection Systems – 4%
- Smoke and Fire Venting Control – 4%
- Interior Finishes and Insulation – 4%
- Safety Glazing and Glass – 4%
- Opening Protectives, Penetrations, and Joint Systems – 2%
- Miscellaneous Construction – 1%
- Building Services and Special Construction – 1%
- Fireplaces and Chimneys – 1%
Take Your ICC B2 Exam With ICC PRONTO or Take Your Test at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home option for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
ICC Inspector exams are also available in person at Pearson|Vue testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|Vue.
Pricing for each exam is the same regardless if you choose Pearson|Vue or ICC PRONTO to administer your final exam.
PRONTO Requirements/Recommendations for Taking the B2 Exam.
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room; if someone else enters while you are testing, the Proctor will automatically eject you from the exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can remain shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to stay in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break at any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock continues to count down during any breaks. Additionally, a new desk scan is required before you are allowed to continue taking the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend using wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
OR, Take your ICC 2015 B2 Exam at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
- If you answer sixteen or more of these free ICC practice questions correctly, you are in pretty good shape.
- However, if you miss four or more questions, get this course, you are in danger of failing your ICC test.
In conventional light-frame construction, a minimum of _____ studs must be installed at each corner of an exterior wall.
A building used for factory industrial, moderate hazard purposes is classified as a Group _____ occupancy.
Where swinging type fire shutters are installed in exterior openings, they must be identified by distinguishing marks or letters a min. of _____ high.
The height limitation for buildings of Type IIA construction in a Group R-1 occupancy, can be increased to 9-stories and 100 feet, if the building is separated from any other building on the lot and from lot lines by a min. of _____.
Ladders or rungs in window wells serving an emergency escape and rescue opening, must have a minimum inside width of _____.
A _____ is a fire-resistance-rated wall having protected openings, which restricts the spread of fire and extends continuously from the foundation to or through the roof, with sufficient structural stability under fire conditions to allow collapse of construction on either side without collapse of the wall.
Class B interior wall and ceiling finishes have a flame spread of _____.
Every dwelling unit must have at least one room that has a min. of _____ of net floor area.
In metal roof panel installation, the minimum slope for standing-seam metal roof panel systems must be _____.
A facility within a dwelling unit where 5 or fewer children receive day care must be classified as a _____ occupancy.
What is the required separation between Group M and Group R occupancies if the building is equipped with a sprinkler system?
In vestibule ventilation for smoke control systems, each vestibule must have a minimum net area of __________ of opening in a wall facing an outer court, yard or public way that is not less than 20 feet in width.
At least __________ of all public entrances must be accessible.
What is the minimum thickness of the weather covering for adhered masonry veneer?
A live load is a load produced by ____________.
In shallow foundations, what is the minimum depth of footings below the undisturbed ground surface?
Any portion of a masonry fireplace that is located in the interior of a building must have a min. clearance to combustibles of ____________ from the front faces and sides of masonry fireplaces.
In exterior plaster, a min. of 0.019 inch (No. 26 galvanized sheet gage), corrosion-resistant weep screed with a min. vertical attachment flange of ____________ must be provided at or below the foundation plate line on exterior stud walls.
Where there is only one elevator, it must automatically transfer to standby power within __________ after failure of normal power.
In Group I-3 facilities, stairways that provide access to guard towers, observation stations and control rooms that are a min. of than 250 square feet in area, must be permitted to have a minimum tread depth of ___________.