Pass the 2014 ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector Exam!
Learn how to become an ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector.
Complete our online 2014 E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector exam preparation course, then pass the ICC E2 exam online via ICC PRONTO.
YOUR ROADMAP TO SUCCESS. PASS THE ICC E2 EXAM, GUARANTEED!
Refresh your NEC code knowledge, successfully pass your 2014 ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector Exam in the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive Electrical Inspector exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC certification!
Get your ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector Certification. We provide you with the study materials required to PASS THE ICC E2 EXAM. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course.
STUDY our “Navigating the 2014 NEC: A Code Primer – For the ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector Exam”. This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the nine chapters of the NEC. National Electrical Code Code.
PRACTICE utilizing our “Online Study Center,” providing over 600 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The course includes
Quick Card – Solar Photovoltaic Systems 2014 NEC: This 6-page laminated card provides all the essentials in Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems needed daily by electricians and PV installers. based on the 2014 NEC
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems – General Requirements & Identification ● Circuit Requirements ● Maximum Voltage, Circuit Sizing & Current ● Circuit Requirements – Overcurrent Protection ● Circuit Requirements – Stand-Alone Systems ● Circuit Requirements – Arc-Fault Circuit & Rapid Shutdown ● Disconnecting Means ● Buildings & Other Structures ● Disconnecting Means – Disconnection of Photovoltaic Equipment ● Wiring Methods ● Grounding ● Marking/Identification
Quick Card – Electrical Wiring: This 6-page laminated card provides the tables and formulas, Wiring Methods, and Materials you need, based on the 2014 NEC
General Requirements for all Wiring – Sizes & Clearances ● General Requirements for over 1000 Volts, Nominal ● Conductors for General Wiring – Sizes & Types ● Conductors for General Wiring – Ampacities ● Conductors for General Wiring – Construction Specifications ● Types of Cables ● Cabinets, Cutout Boxes & Meter Socket Enclosures ● Conductors in Outlet, Device & Junction Boxes & Conduit Bodies ● Cable Trays.
You are allowed by ICC to use IRC Quick-cards if put in a three-ring binder when taking your E2 Exam.
TAKE YOUR ICC E2 EXAM ONLINE WITH ICC PRONTO or TAKE YOUR TEST AT THE CLOSEST PEARSON | VUE TEST CENTER
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home option for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
ICC Inspector exams are also available in person at Pearson | Vue testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|Vue.
Pricing for each exam is the same regardless if you choose Pearson | Vue or ICC PRONTO to administer your final exam.
PRONTO REQUIREMENTS / RECOMMENDATIONS FOR TAKING THE E2 EXAM
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room; if someone else enters while you are testing, the Proctor will automatically eject you from the exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can remain shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to stay in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break at any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock continues to count down during any breaks. Additionally, a new desk scan is required before you are allowed to continue taking the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend using wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
E2 EXAM BREAKDOWN:
80 QUESTIONS – 3.5 HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 75%+ TO PASS
General Requirements – (10%)
- Project Administration and Legal 3%
- Public Information 2%
- Conductors 5%
Services – (17%)
- Service Size, Rating, and Installations 8%
- Service and Feeder Grounding and Bonding 9%
Branch Circuit and Feeder Requirements – (19%)
- Branch Circuit and Feeder Installation 5%
- Branch Circuit and Feeder Calculations 4%
- Branch Circuit Ratings and Overcurrent Protection 5%
- Equipment Grounding and Bonding 5%
Wiring Methods and Distribution Systems – (19%)
- Branch Circuit Required Outlets 3%
- Boxes, Enclosures, and Conduit Bodies 5%
- Panelboards and Switchboards 6%
- Raceways, Cables, and Bus Ducts 3%
- Flexible Cords and Fixture Wires 2%
General Use Equipment – (12%)
- Switches, Receptacles, and Light Fixtures 3%
- General Use Equipment and Other Appliances 3%
- Motors and Controllers 3%
- Transformers, Generators, and Miscellaneous Equipment 3%
Special Occupancies – (9%)
- Hazardous Locations 3%
- Health Care Facilities 2%
- Miscellaneous Other Special Occupancies 1%
- Commercial Garages, Gas Stations, and Bulk Stations 3%
Special Equipment – (7%)
- Swimming Pools, Fountains, and Similar Installations 4%
- Miscellaneous Special Equipment 3%)
- Smoke and Fire Venting Control 4%)
Special Systems – (7%)
- Emergency Systems 2%
- Signaling Systems 2%
- Fire Alarm Systems 2%
- Communications Systems 1%
RESPONSIBILITY: The duties of an E2 Certified Electrical Inspector include the following.
Perform inspections of installing or altering electrical systems indoors and outdoors, including services ● conductors, ● equipment ● components ● fixtures ● , appliances ● devices ● , and electrical appurtenances for all types of buildings and structures, both commercial and industrial, with no limit as to voltage or amperage.
2014 NEC SOFTCOVER
For the ICC E1 Residential or ICC E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector exam.
The ICC E1 & E2 electrical Certification exams are open book code tests.
You must possess a copy of the 2014 NEC when taking the ICC E1 or E2 Electrical Inspector exam.
The 2014 National Electrical Code contains hundreds of significant revisions encompassing new technology and improved electrical personnel and consumers’ safety. Revisions in the 2014 NEC impact residential, commercial, and industrial installations. Stay current and update today! (Softbound, 910 pp., 2014)
Major changes in the 2014 NEC include:
expanded AFCI and GFCI protection in homes; new methods to distribute low voltage power; new practices to ensure the safety of photovoltaic electrical systems; plus electrical worker safety, sustainable energy systems, and more!
First-time articles introduce new coverage in growth areas:
- Low Voltage Direct Current Distribution Systems (Article 393)
- Modular Data Centers (Article 646)
- Fire Resistive Cable Systems (Article 728)
- Energy Management Systems (Article 750)