Pass the 2018 ICC M1 Residential Mechanical Inspector Exam!
Become an ICC M1 Residential Mechanical Inspector. (Online and self-paced)
Complete our ICC M1 Residential Mechanical Inspector exam preparation course. Enhance your career with ICC M1 Mechanical Inspector certification.
Your Blueprint For Success. You Can Pass the ICC M1 Exam. We Guarantee it!
Refresh your IRC code knowledge and successfully pass your 2018 ICC M1 Mechanical Inspector Exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our comprehensive interactive Mechanical Inspector exam preparation program is your best, most affordable path to guarantee ICC M1 certification!
Get your ICC M1 Residential Mechanical Inspector Certification. We provide you with the study materials required to PASS THE ICC M1 EXAM. Our money-back guarantee backs this course.
How To Use Our Online Exam Center
STUDY or “Navigating the 2018 IRC: A Code Primer – For ICC M1 Residential Mechanical Inspector” s.“ This eManual familiarizes you with the code’s structure and function within chapters 1-2 and 12-24 of the 2018 IRC. ICC International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings.
PRACTICE utilizing our “Online Exam Center,” providing over 1000 practice questions. Study-specific questions and answers and take timed simulated practice exams.
The course includes
- eManual (Navigating the 2018 IRC. A Code Primer – For ICC M1 Residential Mechanical Inspector exam)
- Printable Worksheets (Companion to eManual)
- Online Exam Center (Practice looking up answers in your codebook, Take full-length simulated exams).
eMANUAL – NAVIGATING THE 2018 IRC: A Code Primer – For the ICC M1 Residential Mechanical Inspector Exam:
O “r “NAVIGATING THE 2018 “IRC” eManual helps students review the (IRC) International Residential Code. The eManual focuses specifically on the relationship of the IRC to the M1 Certification Exam. When you master the code, you master the Exam!
This eManual is the starting point for the TLC Certification Training Program. They are designed specifically for the ICC M1 Residential Mechanical Inspector exam. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1-2 and 12-24 of the 2018 IRC. The eManual also provides a comprehensive review of study questions similar to those found on the ICC M1 Exam.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the IRC
- Code reference exercises, speed drills
- Exam Breakdown
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject (Chapters 1-2 and 12-24)
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of an exam question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
You are allowed by ICC to use the 2018 IRC Codebook when taking your M1 Exam!
Online Exam Center – STUDY QUESTIONS & PRACTICE EXAMS
Access eManuals, Study Questions, and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access!
Our online practice questions provide a framework to practice utilizing chapters 1-2 and 12-24 of your 2018 IRC Codebook. Constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides the required skill set to easily pass your M1 mechanical inspector exam.
Four modes of Practice!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 1000 ICC M1 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provide real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC M1 Mechanical inspector exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on M1 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC M1 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic M1 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC M1 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online exam center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2018 (IRC). IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THIS CODEBOOK, PURCHASE ONE IMMEDIATELY.
How many questions are there in the actual 2018 ICC M1 Exam?
Answer: There are 60 code questions sourced from Chapters 1-2 & 12-24 of the 2018 IRC.
How much time are you allowed to complete the M1 exam?
Answer: You have no more than two hours (Average two minutes per question) to complete the M1 exam.
What am I allowed as reference materials when taking my M1 Exam?
Answer: You are allowed the 2018 IRC. Exam questions will only come from this codebook.
What percentage of questions do I need to get right to pass the M1 exam?
Answer: You must get 45 or more questions correct (75%) to pass the M1 exam.
What type of questions will I be asked on my 2018 M1 exam?
Answer: The ICC M1 exam is a multiple-choice exam. Each question has four potential answers, with one answer being the most accurate or correct solution to the question. Specific question makeup is as follows.
- General Administration (10%)
- Project Administration – 2%
- Public Information and Legal – 3%
- Manufacturer’s Installation Instructions -5%
- Heating/Cooling/Water Heaters (25%)
- Heating Equipment – 10%
- Water Heaters and Boilers – 4%
- Cooling and Refrigeration – 5%
- Other Systems – 3%
- Heat Pumps and Solar Thermal Energy – 3%
- Exhaust and Ventilation Systems (8%)
- Exhausts, Fans, and Kitchen Range Hoods – 3%
- Clothes Dryer Exhaust – 5%
- Duct-Systems (8%)
- Duct Construction and Installation – 3%
- Duct and Plenum Use and Application – 5%
- Combustion Air (19%)
- Combustion Air – 19%
- Chimneys and Vents (18%)
- Venting of Fuel-Burning Appliances – 7%
- Chimney and Vent Connectors – 6%
- Factory-Built Chimneys and Fireplaces – 3%
- Masonry Chimneys and Fireplaces – 2%
- Fuel-Supply Systems (15%)
- Fuel Supply Installation and Sizing – 8%
- Fuel System Connections – 5%
- Oil Piping and Storage – 2%
PRONTO requirements/recommendations for scheduling the M1 exam.
ICC PRONTO provides an at-home method for taking your ICC exams 24/7.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to log into the ICC – PRONTO portal.
TEST-TAKING – Room: Where you take your final ICC exam.
- Requirement: Only one person is allowed in the room. If someone else enters while you are testing, you are automatically ejected from your exam.
- Recommendations: The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can be shut. Again, make sure you are alone, comfortable, and fully prepared to remain in full view of the webcam for the duration of your exam.
Bathroom Breaks: You may take up to a 5-minute bathroom break at any time during the exam.
- Requirement: If a break exceeds the 5-minute mark, the Proctor will terminate the exam. The time clock will continue to run during the break, and an additional desk scan will be required before continuing the exam.
- Recommendations: Bathroom breaks waste your time. Be sure to take care of your business before your exam begins.
YOUR COMPUTER: You may use any PC or Laptop if it has a webcam, speakers, and a microphone
- Requirement: Your computer must be connected to the internet. If using a laptop, use it as a stand-alone computer. Do not plug it into a docking station with monitors attached.
Required Operating System:
- Windows XP – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Internet Connection: You must have a stable internet connection
- Requirement: minimum speed of 2MB, upload, and download.
- Recommendations: While you can use WiFi, we highly recommend using wired high-speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
ProctorU Technical Support
- Call: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
- Before connection time, you can submit a support ticket
- During connection time, live chat support will be available
Our M1 course provides the Navigating the 2018 IRC as a non-printable digital eManual. if you require
Our Navigating the 2018 IRC Manual is included in a digital format with this course. If you want a physical copy for offline study, click the button below to add it to your cart and we’ll ship one to you. Please note it is not possible to print a digital copy of the manual.
Order only if you require a printed manual for offline study. Our M1 course provides online access to this manual.
2018 IRC SOFTCOVER
The 2018 IRC is a REQUIRED CODEBOOK for 2018, B1, M1, P1, and E1 Residential Building Inspector Exams.
This comprehensive code compiles all building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, and electrical requirements for non-commercial one- and two-family dwellings in one convenient code. The regulations cover dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
The 2018 IRC® contains many important changes, including:
- An updated seismic map reflects the most conservative Seismic Design Category (SDC) based on any soil type. A new map reflects less conservative SDCs when Site Class A, B, or D is applicable.
- The townhouse separation provisions now include options for using two separate fire-resistant-rated walls or a common wall.
- An emergency escape and rescue opening is no longer required in basement sleeping rooms where the dwelling has an automatic
fire sprinkler system and the basement has a second means of egress or an emergency escape opening.
- The exemption for the interconnection of smoke alarms in existing areas has been deleted.
- New girder/header tables have been revised to incorporate #2 Southern Pine instead of #1 Southern Pine.
- New tables address alternative wood stud heights and the required number of full-height studs in high wind areas.
The ICC M1 exam is a 60-question test randomly selected from a database of thousands of potential questions. Memorizing answers is not the path to passing your exam!
If you understand how to break down exam questions and locate exam answers in your codebook, you should be able to answer 100% of these practice questions correctly.
We teach you how to quickly navigate your codebook & pass your exam. “Master The Code, Master The Exam!“
Use the 2018 (IRC) International Residential Code to solve these ICC M1 certification exam practice questions.