Pass ICC G18 National Standard Residential Electrician Exam
Learn how to become an ICC G18 National Standard Residential Electrician
(Online and self-paced)
If your state, county, or city licensing agency requires you to pass the ICC G18 Residential Electrician Exam, complete our online ICC exam preparation course, then schedule your G18 exam through Pearson|VUE.
Your Blueprint for Success. Pass the ICC G18 Exam, Guaranteed!
Refresh your 2017 NEC code knowledge. Successfully achieve ICC G18 certification status without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our ICC G18 National Standard Residential Electrician exam preparation course is your best, most affordable path to success!
Pass your ICC G18 Residential Electrician exam. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE ICC G18 EXAM.
How To Use Our Online Study Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2017 NEC: A Code Primer – This eManual will familiarize you with the code’s structure within the 9 chapters of the 2017 NEC. National Electrical Code.
PRACTICE answering realistic exam questions using the methods explained in our “Navigating the 2017 NEC”. Over 1,300 code-specific practice questions and answers and unlimited full-length, timed final exams.
The course includes:
Our online practice questions provide you with a framework to practice utilizing your 2017 NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides you with the required skill set to pass your ICC G18 Residential Electrician exam.
Four modes of study!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 1,300 ICC G18 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provides real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC G18 Residential Electrician exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on G18 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC G18 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic ICC G18 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC G18 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF, 2017 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE. IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS A COPY OF THIS BOOK, PURCHASE IT BELOW.
60 QUESTIONS – 3 HOUR TIME LIMIT – OPEN BOOK EXAM – 70% + TO PASS
- General Knowledge 12%
- Services and Service Equipment: 22%
- Feeders: 13%
- Branch Circuits and Conductors: 25%
- Wiring Methods and Materials: 13%
- Equipment and Devices: 8%
- Special Occupancies, Equipment, and Conditions: 7%
Please click the following link to read/download the ICC Candidate Information Bulletin.
This bulletin answers most questions raised by examination candidates. Please read it carefully. You will find it a useful reference throughout your registration and examination process.
Take your ICC G18 Exam at the Closest Pearson|VUE Test Center
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|VUE.
About the ICC G18 National Standard Residential Electrician exam.
- Contact the appropriate building department for specific licensing requirements.
- Passing an ICC national standard exam is NOT a license to practice and does not guarantee a license in any jurisdiction.
- To acquire a license to practice, you must apply to the specific state licensing agency or building department and meet all of their licensing requirements.
Pearson|VUE requirements/recommendations for scheduling the G18 exam.
IMPORTANT: ICC has been split into different testing programs on their website. You will need to know the three-digit exam code before registering for your Contractor/Trades exam. Each testing program will require a unique username and password.
The Contractor/Trades program is also split into exams that require pre-authorization and exams that do not require pre-authorization. View the current exams that require pre-authorization OR do not require pre-authorization.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
- If you answer sixteen or more of these free ICC G18 practice questions correctly, you are in pretty good shape.
- However, if you miss four or more questions, get this course, you are in danger of failing your ICC G18 exam.