Pass the ICC G12 National Standard General Building Contractor (B) Exam
Learn how to become an ICC G12 National Standard General Building Contractor (B) (Online and self-paced)
If your state, county, or city licensing agency requires you to pass the ICC G12 National Standards General Building Contractor Exam (B), complete our online ICC exam preparation course, then schedule your G12 exam through Pearson|VUE.
Your Blueprint for Success. Pass the ICC G12 Exam, Guaranteed.
Refresh your 2018 IRC and 2018 IBC code knowledge. Familiarize yourself with the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and ACI 318-14. Successfully prepare for your ICC G12 certification exam without leaving the comfort of your home or office. Our ICC G12 National Standard General Building Contractor (B) exam preparation course is your best, most affordable path to success!
Pass your ICC G12 ICC National Standard General Building Contractor (B) exam. Our 100% money-back guarantee backs this course. We provide the study materials (excluding codebooks) required to PASS THE ICC G12 EXAM.
How To Use Our Online Study Center
STUDY our “Navigating the 2018 IRC: A Code Primer – This eManual familiarizes you with the code’s structure and function within the first 11 chapters of the 2018 IRC, “ICC International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings.”
STUDY our “Navigating the 2018 IBC: A Code Primer – This eManual familiarizes you with the code’s structure within the 35 chapters of the 2018 IBC, ICC International Building Code.
STUDY our “Navigating the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and the ACI 318-14″ – This eGuide focuses specifically on how to navigate the Concrete Manual.
PRACTICE answering realistic exam questions using the methods explained in our “Navigating the 2018 IRC”, “Navigating the 2018 IBC,” and “Navigating the Concrete Manual.” Over 2,000 code-specific practice questions and answers and unlimited full-length, timed final exams.
The course includes:
This eManual is the starting point for the TLC Certification Training Program. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of chapters 1 through 11 of the 2018 IRC.
Our “NAVIGATING THE ICC CONCRETE MANUAL: Based on the 2015 IBC and the ACI 318-14” eGuide focuses specifically on navigating the Concrete Manual.
This eGuide reviews the use, layout, chapters, and index of the Concrete Manual: Based on the 2015 IBC and the ACI 318-14.
Our online practice questions provide you with a framework to practice utilizing your 2018 IRC, 2018 IBC Codebooks, and the Concrete Manual. The process of constantly utilizing your codebook to answer test questions builds up your speed and code knowledge. Our course provides you with the required skill set to pass your ICC G12 National Standard General Building Contractor (B) exam.
Four modes of practice!
- Chapter Study Mode: Covers over 2,000 ICC G12 exam practice questions & answers. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set and are an ideal setting to practice answering exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provides real-time feedback on each chapter of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on chapters that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your ICC G12 National Standard General Building (B) Contractor exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions as on G12 Exam)
- Timed (Exact amount of time as actual ICC G12 exam)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the ICC Exam schedule guaranteeing a realistic ICC G12 exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your ICC G12 exam effortlessly)
One-year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF, 2018 (IRC) INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODE AND 2018 (IBC) INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE AND A COPY OF THE CONCRETE MANUAL. IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS A COPY OF THESE BOOKS, PURCHASE THEM BELOW.
80 Questions – 4 Hr Time Limit – Open Book Exam – 70%+ To Pass
- Permits and General Regulations 21%
- Regulations and Job Planning
- Code Definitions and Terms
- Building Planning and Life Safety 24%
- Use & Occupancy & Types of Construction
- Fire & Smoke Alarms & Fire Protect Sys
- Occupancy Needs & Interior Environment
- Structural Systems 45%
- Footings and Foundations
- Wall Framing and Stairs
- Roof Ceiling Construction Roof Assembly
- Building Envelope 10%
- Interior Finishes
- Glass and Glazing
- Exterior Finishes and Roof Coverings
Please click the following link to read/download the ICC Candidate Information Bulletin.
This bulletin answers most questions raised by examination candidates. Please read it carefully. You will find it a useful reference throughout your registration and examination process.
Take your ICC G12 exam at the closest Pearson|VUE test center.
ICC exams are available at Pearson|VUE testing centers across the country.
CLICK HERE – For more information or to set up an exam with Pearson|VUE.
About the ICC G12 National Standard General Building Contractor (B) exam.
- Contact the appropriate building department for specific licensing requirements.
- Passing an ICC national standard exam is NOT a license to practice and does not guarantee a license in any jurisdiction.
- To acquire a license to practice, you must apply to the specific state licensing agency or building department and meet all of their licensing requirements.
Pearson|VUE Requirements/Recommendations for scheduling the G12 Exam.
IMPORTANT: ICC has been split into different testing programs on the Pearson|VUE website. You will need to know the three-digit exam code before registering for your Contractor/Trades exam. Each testing program will require a unique username and password.
The Contractor/Trades program is also split into exams that require pre-authorization and exams that do not require pre-authorization. View the current exams that require pre-authorization OR do not require pre-authorization.
To create an account, schedule an exam, view exams, or find a test center, please go to home.pearsonvue.com/icc/license.
- If you answer sixteen or more of these free ICC G12 practice questions correctly, you are in pretty good shape.
- However, if you miss four or more questions, get this course, you are in danger of failing your ICC G12 exam.